Thoughts on build?

Budget (including currency): ~$800 (U.S dollars)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily eSports, some RPG. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZzFHk6

I'd definitely go with the 3100 instead of the 2600 for Esports games, since the majority of them are more single-threaded focused. The 3300X would've been a really nice choice, but that's nowhere to be found.

For the OS, honestly I'd suggest just using Windows unactivated or getting a cheap key off eBay or whatever, instead of paying $100 for it. I think putting that money towards better components would be a much smarter choice.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

16 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:
For the OS, honestly I'd suggest just using Windows unactivated or getting a cheap key off eBay or whatever.

that really depends though. CS:GO is native on Linux so if that's the focus then Linux will work. 

@Big Jay what games specifically?

She/Her

Just now, Ashley xD said:

that really depends though. CS:GO is native on Linux so if that's the focus then Linux will work. 

OP specifically added Windows 10 to their parts list, otherwise yeah Linux would also be an option.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

OP specifically added Windows 10 to their parts list, otherwise yeah Linux would also be an option.

well OP could just be unaware of the state of Linux Gaming, which is a lot better than even a year ago. more stuff runs than doesn't now. but, esports games are iffy because of anti cheat so it'll heavily depend there what games OP wants to play. 

She/Her

2 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

well OP could just be unaware of the state of Linux Gaming, which is a lot better than even a year ago. more stuff runs than doesn't now. but, esports games are iffy because of anti cheat so it'll heavily depend there what games OP wants to play. 

fully agree, just the fact that fortnite is pretty popular and doesnt run on linux could be a problem for op

This psu is definately better, but the gpu isnt as good

4 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

I'd definitely go with the 3100 instead of the 2600 for Esports games, since the majority of them are more single-threaded focused. The 3300X would've been a really nice choice, but that's nowhere to be found.

For the OS, honestly I'd suggest just using Windows unactivated or getting a cheap key off eBay or whatever, instead of paying $100 for it. I think putting that money towards better components would be a much smarter choice.

Interesting thought on the software front. This caused me to remember that I have a pretty old (dead) laptop sitting around with a windows 7 product key on the back. Are you familiar with if you can use that to activate windows on a new PC, and then just update to windows 10? 

11 minutes ago, Big Jay said:

Interesting thought on the software front. This caused me to remember that I have a pretty old (dead) laptop sitting around with a windows 7 product key on the back. Are you familiar with if you can use that to activate windows on a new PC, and then just update to windows 10? 

I've been using my Windows 7 key for almost 10 years now to activate my Windows installs, though that was a retail key, not sure about one that came with your laptop. You could try it, but I wouldn't bank on it working.