Choosing a low budget Sound Card for a little gain in volume...

stereophonie

Hey guys I currently run a Technics SA-EH790 with 5.1 surround through my onboard sound. I would like a little gain in volume when using my Creative Fatal1ty headset and also try to lose some of the 'background hiss' when I have it set loud but there's a quiet part in a game or movie. I have no idea if getting a sound card will help with these problems but that's why I am here, I was looking at something simple like Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX... Will this help with the hissing and help with getting a little more volume on my headphones? Thanks.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Thanks very much, will this help with the small problems I'm having?

On the gain issue, as its internal it will be subject to the same hiss problem. 

Ok, thanks very much for the speedy replies. I'll pick up the Xonar since it's very cheap anyway, see what differences it makes. Thanks again.

Ok, thanks very much for the speedy replies. I'll pick up the Xonar since it's very cheap anyway, see what differences it makes. Thanks again.

I have one. The DG have built in headphone amp that's supposedly powerful enough to drive headphones >64 ohms. No problem with hiss for me, but then again, I never had hiss problems with my old onboard anyway....

I feel it may be my Technics stereo that is creating the hiss. It's only at very high volume though so if I can get more volume without turning the dial right up it may solve it. Cheers