Which PSU?

ItzUknown

Hello everyone!!

I have a problem lately with my PSU (Gigabyte B700H). The GPU (2060 Super AMP) makes, when cooling down the card makes an electric buzzing (not coil whine) because it sounds like its hitting something but its not. I found out ,though that when fiddling around with the pcie connectors that in certain positions the sound stops,so I posted a thread here but I did not really get an answer on what that means (if anyone has a theory on what I should do,by all means say it). Now for the real question is the Be Quiet Straight Power 11 650W or the Seasonic Focus-GX-650W better?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey! Sorry you weren't able to recognize the problem. I can't find info about the current PSU you're using, but the two you're considering are both incredibly good.

I'd grab the Seasonic because I like Seasonic, but honestly the answer is "whichever is cheaper".

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

22 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Hey! Sorry you weren't able to recognize the problem. I can't find info about the current PSU you're using, but the two you're considering are both incredibly good.

I'd grab the Seasonic because I like Seasonic, but honestly the answer is "whichever is cheaper".

The be quiet it before shipping 106 euros and the seasonic 108. after shipping again the are 1 or 2 euros different. Also I need to add that with my previous card my 1050 ti G1 gaming there was no problem. Lastly another problem I have with the psu s that when playing car mechanic simulator 2018 if the settings are beyond low settings the psu starts to make a really really really high piched sound depending on what camera angle I have. Would you like me to send you a recording of the gpu eletrical buzzing?

9 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

The be quiet it before shipping 106 euros and the seasonic 108. after shipping again the are 1 or 2 euros different. Also I need to add that with my previous card my 1050 ti G1 gaming there was no problem. Lastly another problem I have with the psu s that when playing car mechanic simulator 2018 if the settings are beyond low settings the psu starts to make a really really really high piched sound depending on what camera angle I have. Would you like me to send you a recording of the gpu eletrical buzzing?

Sounds like typical coil whine. It happens when the vibrations related to some of an electrical cirtcuit's components have frequencies resonant with the casing. It's a matter of bad luck, but supposedly higher quality PSUs have measures that prevent this.

It only happens in certain specific scenarios because the coil has to vibrate in that specific resonant frequency.

As for prices, since they're basically the same price I'd take the Seasonic because it's got a 10-year warranty. The be quiet! only has 5 years. https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1253

Edit: here's the product page for the Seasonic https://seasonic.com/focus-gx

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Sounds like typical coil whine. It happens when the vibrations related to some of an electrical cirtcuit's components have frequencies resonant with the casing. It's a matter of bad luck, but supposedly higher quality PSUs have measures that prevent this.

It only happens in certain specific scenarios because the coil has to vibrate in that specific resonant frequency.

As for prices, since they're basically the same price I'd take the Seasonic because it's got a 10-year warranty. The be quiet! only has 5 years. https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1253

Ok thanks a lot, I was going with the seasonic one. What do you think about the electrical buzzing gpu fan? When fiddling around with the pcie connectors it stops but only in certain position when holdling it. Could it be the psu? Its sagging a little bit but thats not the problem I think!!

19 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Ok so I am buying the Seasonic one right now, thanks a lot!!

1 minute ago, ItzUknown said:

Ok thanks a lot, I was going with the seasonic one. What do you think about the electrical buzzing gpu fan? When fiddling around with the pcie connectors it stops but only in certain position when holdling it. Could it be the psu? Its sagging a little bit but thats not the problem I think!!

It could be the GPU, but it's hard to tell without physically looking at it. After the new PSU I'd try to reseat the PCIe connectors until the problem goes away. Good luck!

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Energycore said:

It could be the GPU, but it's hard to tell without physically looking at it. After the new PSU I'd try to reseat the PCIe connectors until the problem goes away. Good luck!

Ok thanks you again. It will take 2 -7 business days to ship the psu strating from today so I'll probably know in a week!!