Odd Cpu behavior

LeeCope3

Hi guys, this ones a little hard to explain but ill give it my best shot.

After using my pc for a while i will stop and let the pc idle, but my cpu will sit at about 50c. as soon as i hit to open task manager the cpu goes idle and the temps will drop down to low 30's like it should,

in HW info i can see something is keeping some cores at 100% usually 1 or 2 but as task manager opens they will like i said go idle and temps drop to where they should be,

Im not sure if its windows or the Mobo that is causing it as it changed cpu today and the old and new are doing exactly the same. as i cant open taskmanager to see whats doing it i am out of ideas,

with the new cpu (3600X) ryzen master will report its stuck at 4200mhz or there abouts until i open task manager, then it drops to  like 8-900mhz. i dont have anything open or running except the usual windows defender amd radeon software and Logitech G-hub

Probably got a bug.

malwarebytes? adwbytes?

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Probably got a bug.

malwarebytes? adwbytes?

i do have Malwarebytes, but i have closed everything thats is unnescessary to see if they were causing it.

i just find it odd that opening taskmanager sends everything back to normal

bug.PNG

When something doesnt want you to see it, and it hides... probably virus, adware,malware related. 

15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

When something doesnt want you to see it, and it hides... probably virus, adware,malware related. 

This was my first thought as well, but OP seemed to imply that this is a relatively new PC build. It's worth checking for malware, but if they are starting from a new OS install, malware does seem rather odd.

@LeeCope3 If you open up Resource Monitor, does the PC exhibit the same behaviour or can you find the resource hog?