First gaming PC and I'm clueless

Kryptogurl

Budget: £500-£800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: WOW, GW2

Other details: i have done a little research, but it feels like a minefield. I currently play on an iMac which is 10 years old and can just about play GW2.  I just want to play on high graphics and have things run smoothly but afraid I'll spend over what I need please help :) I also want to be able to swap out parts in order to upgrade in the future 

Hey i'd love to help you out here man.

You say you want to run things on high settings and have a smooth experience, gotcha. So this kind of heavily depends on what games you'll be playing. I think you can pretty much have a fairly smooth experience in this budget.

few questions

1)is your Monitor/ computer peripherals included in this budget or do you already have those?

2)Which games will you be playing? (Depending on what you get most of the triple AAA or fancy graphic games will have higher demands and you will not be able to have a smooth experience on them depending on your gpu) 

3)Do you care about future upgrades/ want to leave room for upgrades in the build?

4)What kind of performance will you be expecting out of this build? Will you want to play any graphically demanding games that are coming out or any titles you're looking forward to playing?

5) Do you care about anything other than gaming with this build?

3 minutes ago, Kryptogurl said:

Budget: £500-£800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: WOW, GW2

Other details: i have done a little research, but it feels like a minefield. I currently play on an iMac which is 10 years old and can just about play GW2.  I just want to play on high graphics and have things run smoothly but afraid I'll spend over what I need please help :) I also want to be able to swap out parts in order to upgrade in the future 

Watching youtube videos is probably the easiest way to learn. For beginner builds check out Pauls Hardware, and obviously LTT does some as well.

Do you want a monitor included within your budget?

I would suggest a build with something like a Ryzen 3 3300X and a 1650 super/ RX580. Its not particularly high end but should be within budget and match your needs

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

12 minutes ago, EurekaAkerue said:

Hey i'd love to help you out here man.

You say you want to run things on high settings and have a smooth experience, gotcha. So this kind of heavily depends on what games you'll be playing. I think you can pretty much have a fairly smooth experience in this budget.

few questions

1)is your Monitor/ computer peripherals included in this budget or do you already have those?

2)Which games will you be playing? (Depending on what you get most of the triple AAA or fancy graphic games will have higher demands and you will not be able to have a smooth experience on them depending on your gpu) 

3)Do you care about future upgrades/ want to leave room for upgrades in the build?

4)What kind of performance will you be expecting out of this build? Will you want to play any graphically demanding games that are coming out or any titles you're looking forward to playing?

5) Do you care about anything other than gaming with this build?

Hey so I will buy a monitor, keyboard and mouse separately, I'm mainly looking at the pc, I want to play WOW and GW2 and maybe try out some othe mmorpgs, I have consoles so I'm only looking to play games I can only play on Pc. So I want enough space in the build so that when I am forced to upgrade the parts I can and not have to buy a whole new rig. 

I want to play WOW and GW2 on high graphics as I currently cannot play WOW and have to play GW2 on low settings