When power is connected to GPU it prevents the PC from even trying to Boot and start fans??

I inherited a GTX 770 then gave it some Tech Yes lovin’ and it worked for about 6 months. Computer randomly shut off then decided it will not boot (like no fans or anything) if power is plugged into the GPU. Confirmed MB, CPU, and Power supply are fine and even put the GPU into another system and same thing happened.

(inadvisable solution) With the PC in BIOS, I tried to plug the 6pin and then the PC immediately shut down so that was just a bad idea in general.

Is the GPU dead and is it time to get the heat gun?

2 minutes ago, BSME_SWeedon said:

Is the GPU dead

sounds like something is shorted in the card

2 minutes ago, BSME_SWeedon said:

is it time to get the heat gun?

no, unless you dont want it anymore

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

21 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

sounds like something is shorted in the card

no, unless you dont want it anymore

I was also thinking it shorted out. So this PC was experiencing a lot of brown outs recently, so I am sure that played a part. Going to take it back apart and check for scorch marks #PCKissofDeath. I will post pics. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 9:35 AM, BSME_SWeedon said:

I was also thinking it shorted out. So this PC was experiencing a lot of brown outs recently, so I am sure that played a part. Going to take it back apart and check for scorch marks #PCKissofDeath. I will post pics. 

Well no Scorch marks. Tried a fresh clean with Break Cleaner and WD-40 then a heat gun, no luck.  Would try the oven, but my wife would kill me.