Import for review cost

pips

I am wondering what if any verbage the shipper and/or receiver could use to mitigate duty cost on items that the receiver is just reviewing.

9 hours ago, pips said:

I am wondering what if any verbage the shipper and/or receiver could use to mitigate duty cost on items that the receiver is just reviewing.

This would 100% depend on the country you live in, as each one has different - often wildly so - trade laws.

Although I'm almost certain the answer is "no" for most regions, but it does depend on whether you bought the item or not.

If you bought it, you have to pay import fees unless the item is exempt from them - the fact that you're buying the item for review doesn't really matter.

Just resell the item locally after if you don't need it anymore. If you have to pay import duty on the item when buying it, that'll mean the market value will already have the import duty built in, so feel free to try and recoup some of that fee when you sell it.

If the item is being provided for you by the company, you should try and simply get them to pay the duty fees for you. If not? Cost of doing business, you're already getting a free item.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thank you.  I am in Canada and was approached to review an item as I have done a few reviews on my YouTube already.

I have seen episodes of LTT where they review something but say they also need to send it back and would like to prep myself before hand to be ready to respond to those kind of requests.

4 hours ago, pips said:

Thank you.  I am in Canada and was approached to review an item as I have done a few reviews on my YouTube already.

I have seen episodes of LTT where they review something but say they also need to send it back and would like to prep myself before hand to be ready to respond to those kind of requests.

If they are sending it to you, I would request that they cover shipping and duty. If they don't, you'll just simply have to eat the cost of the duty.

Since, after all, reviewing things on YouTube is a business, and it does have costs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)