help with building a pc

since i'm new here i'll get straight to the point, i am building a gaming pc and i have a old HP case sitting around, i am wondering if my current build is good and will fit in the aforementioned case

My currency is AUD and i have a budget of $500 (but can do a little bit more if needed) and i will be buying from MSY, i have a spare gpu, monitor, keyboard and mouse

thank you for your time

Zekromisblack

Avarage nerd

12 minutes ago, Zekromisblack said:

Asus PRIME B365M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

The case may have non standard motherboard standoffs. Check that before buying. Also buy a CPU cooler maybe a Noctua l9i.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

HP had different cases in use and we dont know how your case looks like.  In general, if your HP used a standard sized power supply and the size of your choosen components fits the case its possible. But if its a desktop HP case be sure that it fits your future needs ... some of them was too small to fit a standard graphic card and if  you plan to build in a RTX2070 or similar it would be hard to find low profile editions fitting. And mostly the airflow of such old cases aint the best.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/VjzR9G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($195.00 @ PC Byte) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.00 @ Centre Com) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($95.70 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($29.00 @ Umart) 
Total: $438.70

this would be a better pc in terms of upgradability and most games get more fps in 3300x than a 9400 ......if u want to save 50 bucks , then get only 8gb , but i wouldnt recommend 8 gb ram , and if u have your old ram , make sure its ddr4 ram and i see no reason to still invest on a dead platform.....

sorry for the shitty photo i don't have a good phone lol

IMG_20200823_225757.jpg

Zekromisblack

Avarage nerd