Mirroring two servers

Soundtripper009

Anybody know how to mirror two server computers that has windows 2008 server? I'm having trouble configuring the two servers so they would mirror so that incase  the first server computer shutdown , the second one would duplicate the list of users of the first server computer so it would turn out like the server did not shutdown at all.

What services are you running on the servers? Are they physical or virtualised?

it's pysical and were doing it in two laptops. Its a simple project and I'm having some trouble on the configurations. 

it's pysical and were doing it in two laptops. Its a simple project and I'm having some trouble on the configurations. 

What services are you running? AD?

Yes its an active directory and we were instructed to do it physically using routers and switches  with minimum of two PC's as users  :)

Yes its an active directory and we were instructed to do it physically using routers and switches  with minimum of two PC's as users  :)

My company does this with Domain Controllers and AD. 

Set up one DC as the Primary Domain Controller with AD and set up the users there. Then set up the other server as a DC and promote it into the Domain. If one DC dies, the other will take over it's roles, so to the users, everything will keep working.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.