H110 And A 650d + 140mm Static Pressure Fans

Hi all,

I have been reading on the internet that the H110 will fit in a 650D. However, some are saying not properly, and some are saying yes it will.

So I thought I would ask the fellow members of the LTT forum! Does anyone know if it will fit the 650D without any problems, I have heard you need to have it mounted so the cables are on the right hand side for it to fit correctly, so coming over the RAM and then to the CPU.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, does anyone know if the standard fans are good? Or is there any alternatives of 140mm static pressure fans on the market.

Thanks in advance!

Kieran

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Most probably the people who are saying it won't fit are right. The H110 has 20mm fan spacing between the 140mm fans. If the 650D has 15mm fan spacing it will not fit. There is a solution; drill the wider holes yourself. I do not know the fan spacing of the 650D. Either look it up yourself or grab a ruler and measure it as that's the fastest way to do it.

For the best 140mm fans you can get get Noctua NF-A14s. They are excellent fans. If you do not like the colour scheme of noctua reconsider linking the colour scheme. If you still don't like it wait for someone else to reply with a more visually satisfying alternative.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Most probably the people who are saying it won't fit are right. The H110 has 20mm fan spacing between the 140mm fans. If the 650D has 15mm fan spacing it will not fit. There is a solution; drill the wider holes yourself. I do not know the fan spacing of the 650D. Either look it up yourself or grab a ruler and measure it as that's the fastest way to do it.

For the best 140mm fans you can get get Noctua NF-A14s. They are excellent fans. If you do not like the colour scheme of noctua reconsider linking the colour scheme. If you still don't like it wait for someone else to reply with a more visually satisfying alternative.

Thanks for your reply Ghost! Well I have seen a video on YouTube where the 650D mounts the H110 without having any modding done, well it doesn't look like it anyway. I've tried researching the fan mount spacing but have had no luck finding any information.

The colour scheme I was planning on going for is a black and blue, it's a shame Corsair hasn't made any SP140's! Unless they plan too. But I was planning a Pull config so I wouldn't really see the fans at the top.

Thanks,

Kieran

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Thanks for your reply Ghost! Well I have seen a video on YouTube where the 650D mounts the H110 without having any modding done, well it doesn't look like it anyway. I've tried researching the fan mount spacing but have had no luck finding any information.

The colour scheme I was planning on going for is a black and blue, it's a shame Corsair hasn't made any SP140's! Unless they plan too. But I was planning a Pull config so I wouldn't really see the fans at the top.

Thanks,

Kieran

Kieran you hit the nail on the head. What i tell everyone who hates noctua colours is to mount the fan under the radiator. Then use black electrical tape and go around the rim of the fan. It does not affect performance at all and covers the brown.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Kieran you hit the nail on the head. What i tell everyone who hates noctua colours is to mount the fan under the radiator. Then use black electrical tape and go around the rim of the fan. It does not affect performance at all and covers the brown.

Okay, I thought pull would decrease CPU temps because cold air is being brought in from the top, as I was planning a 200mm intake, the 140mm's in intake and the 120mm as an exhaust at the rear. Plus it would be easier to clean, from the video Linus shown.

But that's good information to know, thanks Ghost! So you would recommend them being in push?

Thanks,

Kieran

Okay, I thought pull would decrease CPU temps because cold air is being brought in from the top, as I was planning a 200mm intake, the 140mm's in intake and the 120mm as an exhaust at the rear. Plus it would be easier to clean, from the video Linus shown.

But that's good information to know, thanks Ghost! So you would recommend them being in push?

Thanks,

Kieran

I would recommend them being pull; pulling air out from inside the case.

I would recommend them being pull; pulling air out from inside the case.

Thanks for your help Ghost!

The H110 will fit fine with no modding. Both have 20mm spacing.

Much appreciated matey! Thankyou for your help!

May I suggest Some BitFenix Spectre Pros.

They are have really good static pressure and look boss.

fan-933.jpg

fan-1106.jpg

May I suggest Some BitFenix Spectre Pros.

They are have really good static pressure and look boss.

fan-933.jpg

fan-1106.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation mate! I was actually looking at these fans but wasn't too sure of the static pressure!

Thanks for the recommendation mate! I was actually looking at these fans but wasn't too sure of the static pressure!

the static is minimum tbh. 1.24mm/h20 is so weak, functional but it depends on

what rads, case and restrictions the build will go through.

easiest is to buy a fan close to spec, build rig and re-assess the performance

and noise level, needed to complete the build. maybe by then you'll have a

better solution to fans or a better fan will be available.

airdeano

the static is minimum tbh. 1.24mm/h20 is so weak, functional but it depends on

what rads, case and restrictions the build will go through.

easiest is to buy a fan close to spec, build rig and re-assess the performance

and noise level, needed to complete the build. maybe by then you'll have a

better solution to fans or a better fan will be available.

airdeano

Ahhhh, I was hoping for a little bit better on the static pressure side. I am going to use a 200mm BitFenix Spectre Pro for the intake of the 650D.

I think that is what I am going to have to do, but maybe by the time I build this rig new fans might come out as you have stated.

Thanks for the help airdeano!

Ahhhh, I was hoping for a little bit better on the static pressure side. I am going to use a 200mm BitFenix Spectre Pro for the intake of the 650D.

I think that is what I am going to have to do, but maybe by the time I build this rig new fans might come out as you have stated.

Thanks for the help airdeano!

Use noctua's :P

Use noctua's :P

Ha! It's finding them for the right price though, I'm using Overclockers UK at the moment to shop around! :P

I was suggesting those fans because they actually have good aesthetics and performance compared to some of the other fans out there. They are almost as good as ap121s and they have an awesome design. On top of all of that they are super quite. My 3770K @ 4.6 with an h100i and 2 spectre pro 120's @ 7volts keep at around 70c and are still silent. So all in all i would still give a big recommendation to the spectre pro line of fans. And if you are still concerned with performance grab a pair of GT's, AP121's or Nff12;s and mount them in the non-visible side of the rad.

Ha! It's finding them for the right price though, I'm using Overclockers UK at the moment to shop around! :P

They are worth the extra money. Why do you think noctua are still in business even though they don't have an appealing colour scheme.