First Computer

Budget (including currency): US $1500 - $2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and professional work on Google Chrome and Firefox

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I do not have parts yet since I am looking for references and recommendations first. I was planning to buy all pieces separate through the year since I just graduated college, I have started a new job as a mental health counselor. 

I wanted to know if it was a good idea since software and hardware changes all the time. I was looking a mid-tower first, I will be attaching a link to it. 

What do you guys recommend for the next order of pieces/equipment to be bought?

Thanks,

https://www.microcenter.com/product/609734/corsair-icue-465x-rgb-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-computer-case---black

3 minutes ago, tatocolombia said:

professional work

what kind?

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

What type of professional work? Do you need wifi? Does the budget include peripherals? What games are you going to play?

There's no point in buying components in piece meal, unless you just happen to find a really fantastic deal on something. You need a minimum of 7 components to get a running PC, and you shouldn't buy any of them until you can buy all of them: motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU (if no iGPU), a boot drive, power supply and case. You can wait on things like additional game storage drives, getting a good aftermarket cooler, etc.

Otherwise, you're just buying stuff to sit in a closet, and you might miss out on better deals or even better components, just for the the privilege of having it sitting around doing nothing. Also, things happen, and God forbid you run into financial issues or something in the middle of buying your components in stages, but then, you've not only got money locked up in useless hardware, but by the time you get around to finishing the build, they'll be that much more outdated.

Long and short, save your money until you can pull the trigger on everything. If you don't trust yourself to save, then open a separate savings account and pretend like your buying the components by literally transferring the money there, and forgetting it exists. Once you've "bought" everything, then go pull all the money out and actually make the purchases.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

On 8/19/2020 at 6:26 PM, sub68 said:

what kind?

Hello, I am a therapist. I just required internet browser and Word. I do not need any special software. The pc is kind of my excuse to game. I wanted to play Sacred (old game) and age of empires. Occasionally, some newer titles.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, vortextech77 said:

What type of professional work? Do you need wifi? Does the budget include peripherals? What games are you going to play?

I am a therapist. I spend much time at the phone due to pandemic. I need basic internet explorer and Microsoft Word. I just want a nice pc because I spent my other half of the time at the computer writing reports. Games like Sacred or Age of Empires. I currently use my Surface Book connected to a monitor as my working pc at home. My to go when not at home pc is a surface pro 3.

7 minutes ago, tatocolombia said:

Hello, I am a therapist. I just required internet browser and Word. I do not need any special software. The pc is kind of my excuse to game. I wanted to play Sacred (old game) and age of empires. Occasionally, some newer titles.

Ok then, I thought you meant anything which could be CPU/GPU intensive like editing. The build list I included is definitely more than enough for that sort of work.