New High End Architecture PC

Hi everyone

I'm new in the forum, so first of all I hope I'm posting on the right place

My current PC is about 10 year, with and OC i7 2600K + 24GB DDR4 + GTX970

I works perfectly the most of the time, but when I go for some hard rendering, is not enough.

So I'm looking for a new custom PC, I'll build it by myself, and I'm thinking about the components. The idea is built it at the end of the year

The budget is from 2000€ to a maximum of 4000€. And the use will be 100% architecture, AutoCAD, all the Adobe suite, and rhino+vray. Since the most demanding use is vray, I want to focus on the best option for vray

I'm a bit lost trying to find the balance between CPU-GPU and price/performance

I was thinking on this 3 options

https://i.imgur.com/4QXq39u.png

I don't know if it makes any sense to get a high end CPU and a high end GPU since I'm going to use only one for rendering, the question is, where worths it more to spend the money? CPU or GPU?
Would it be a good idea to go even for a 3990x and a basic GPU? Or maybe a 3900x and a 2080Ti/Quadro?

Any recomendations?

If possible, wait for zen 3 and ampere and big navi and check what they have to offer.

but to answer your question..

10 hours ago, gsfgsr said:

Would it be a good idea to go even for a 3990x and a basic GPU? Or maybe a 3900x and a 2080Ti/Quadro?

depends if you need gpu horse power or cpu horse power or both.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

18 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

If possible, wait for zen 3 and ampere and big navi and check what they have to offer.

but to answer your question..

depends if you need gpu horse power or cpu horse power or both.

I'll try to wait for the zen 3 and new GPUs, but I'm trying to get a base model idea to figure out the best option

For Vray, I can render with CPU or GPU, so theoretically I can select just one to invest the most of the money

I've been doing some tests with my current computer, with the GTX970 the same render can take up to half the time than the i7 2600k

But the comparisson is not fair since the processor is much older

The question is where I will get the best performance per money spent, for example what's the difference in performance between a 2080 Super and a 2950x, since both are same price

5 minutes ago, gsfgsr said:

for example what's the difference in performance between a 2080 Super and a 2950x

Um one is a gpu and the other is a cpu. 

Though wouldn't go with zen or zen + TR. 

Check what zen 2 TR has to offer, but which will perform better? Check sources/benchmarks and check if the task is benifits more from GPU horse power or cpu. 

Though for now wait for zen 3 and ampere and big Navi and check what they have to offer and then decide. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: