Internet Speedtest / connection speed support needed.

Qunite

Hello,

So i recently upgraded to a 900mbps up/down FTTH when the engineers installed they showed me on their device it was around 940/960 down/up.

I am getting weird results.

So on speedtest.net I get 2 completely different results on ethernet/mobile wifi.

On my pc ethernet I have a cat7 ethernet i bought on amazon so should handle the speed https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AW6FSQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using Gigabyte Aorus AMD x570 PRO Motherboard so it can support the speeds.

The results are as follows: https://gyazo.com/e9067d9d700f94b3b140aaf2b32744ac

as you can see my upload NEVER has gone above 218 in speedtest which should be same as download. (that is concern number 1)

On my samsung S20 wifi connected with the 5ghz connection i get these results on speedtest app: https://gyazo.com/4e72222dad5622da7063cf113e244cae

Results are the same with android chrome on the website.

And lastly when I download a game like arma 2 on steam the download gets to around 102mb/s which is 816mbps

So my questions.

1: On my pc why is my upload only hitting 200mbps with direct ethernet cable when my android gets 800?

It is like my wifi does better upload and pc does better download it doesn't make any sense.

2: Is there a solution to fix this? I don't think i have fault equipment, i would of thought my pc on ethernet would get 800 up/down in a speed test. taking in consideration the 10% loss from datacenter.

3: Is there another way to truly test my upload speeds maximum mbps? I was thinking streaming but still i don't think that would get me an accurate result.

This is all for my home internet and I don't have an issue with 200mbps upload etc but i am paying extra for this so want to make sure I am getting the most out of what I am paying for.

If anyone replies thanks for your time :)

Well i would say try a different cable/ port and see if that solves it and double check your drives on your pc

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

I tried that it made no difference and everything is updated

Update: Rouing on discord thinks its down to my router with EEE settings.

Might have to upgrade router but will wait and see