quantum break crash

BardiaMGTGC

i bought quantum break and downloaded it today now when i press new game first cut scene goes on for 20-30 seconds then crashes and makes discord and spotify crash sometimes just discord

gpu and cpu hit any high percentage i disabled nvidia and discord overlay didnt fix it 

this is first time a game is acting like this

my cpu hits 57c under load and gpu hits 75-76c underload (gpx 980 i5 7400 16gb) running latest drivers 

i played games like detroit become human gta watch dogs csgo forza horizon and motorsport and many more never had this issue 

when spotify crashes it gives me a "The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000"

idk whats going on and never seen something like this before 

does anyone know anything about this?

38 minutes ago, BardiaMGTGC said:

i bought quantum break and downloaded it today now when i press new game first cut scene goes on for 20-30 seconds then crashes and makes discord and spotify crash sometimes just discord

gpu and cpu hit any high percentage i disabled nvidia and discord overlay didnt fix it 

this is first time a game is acting like this

my cpu hits 57c under load and gpu hits 75-76c underload (gpx 980 i5 7400 16gb) running latest drivers 

i played games like detroit become human gta watch dogs csgo forza horizon and motorsport and many more never had this issue 

when spotify crashes it gives me a "The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000"

idk whats going on and never seen something like this before 

does anyone know anything about this?

I do not know.  My very ignorance though leads me to suspect that because the all zeros instruction and memory locations clearly can’t exist, step one would be tossing and redownloading the game because it’s acting like a piece of it got corrupted during download.   I might also report that this weird thing happened to wherever I downloaded it from incase it also happened to a few hundred other people.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I do not know.  My very ignorance though leads me to suspect that because the all zeros instruction and memory locations clearly can’t exist, step one would be tossing and redownloading the game because it’s acting like a piece of it got corrupted during download.   I might also report that this weird thing happened to wherever I downloaded it from incase it also happened to a few hundred other people.

well that will take another 1.5 days lol

ive seen some people say they have issues not getting passed cut scenes https://steamcommunity.com/app/474960/discussions/0/1621724915786943437/ like here
but didnt find any fixes for it some said update windows but im running latest version with all security updates and patches

2 minutes ago, BardiaMGTGC said:

well that will take another 1.5 days lol

ive seen some people say they have issues not getting passed cut scenes https://steamcommunity.com/app/474960/discussions/0/1621724915786943437/ like here
but didnt find any fixes for it some said update windows but im running latest version with all security updates and patches

It took a day and a half to download? Possibility of corruption goes up. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

i have a slow network (adsl which is the network we mostly have in our country) i have a download speed of about 4 to 6mbps and sometimes at night goes upto 8mbps so yeah also steams servers are so far away from where i am its much slower than downloading from a server inside our country still 4-5mbps was possible

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

after a reboot i and launching the game again i got to the game and it crashes after 5-6 seconds and makes discord crash too

i get out of memory while im using about 11gb out of 16gb of my ram 

Capturdse.PNG