Having two PC's in one

D3ATHR3AP3RZ

I ended up selling my PC inorder to save up for a new build. I kept my windows ssd and my HDD with all my data. I was wondering if theirs a way I could connect them to my gfs current PC and set them up to load her ssd when she logs into her account on windows and do the same to me using my ssd and HDD. Like I basically want to know if I can do something like that to load into my "PC" on my storage solution and my GF when she needs to use hers for work.

7 minutes ago, D3ATHR3AP3RZ said:

I ended up selling my PC inorder to save up for a new build. I kept my windows ssd and my HDD with all my data. I was wondering if theirs a way I could connect them to my gfs current PC and set them up to load her ssd when she logs into her account on windows and do the same to me using my ssd and HDD. Like I basically want to know if I can do something like that to load into my "PC" on my storage solution and my GF when she needs to use hers for work.

you can set up dual boot, you would want to reinstall windows on your ssd though since it's a hardware change. as far as the storage, that would be plug and play, but would be accessible from both os's, if that is an issue. if you do set it up that way, make sure to disconnect all the drives except your ssd when you install windows, and reconnect them after.

19 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

you can set up dual boot, you would want to reinstall windows on your ssd though since it's a hardware change. as far as the storage, that would be plug and play, but would be accessible from both os's, if that is an issue. if you do set it up that way, make sure to disconnect all the drives except your ssd when you install windows, and reconnect them after.

Thank you very much I'm relieved I didn't want to clear my HDD lmao I have 2tb of games and it took forever to update 

24 minutes ago, D3ATHR3AP3RZ said:

Thank you very much I'm relieved I didn't want to clear my HDD lmao I have 2tb of games and it took forever to update 

you won't have to re download the games, but you will have to re-associate them once you get everything set up. steam is very straight forward, but it can be a bit more tricky with other launchers like epic, ect.. you can find video's that will show you in detail what has to be done with each launcher. still easier than re downloading imo.