Dead mic ?

StonerNixon

I’ve been gaming in this headset for a few months , didn’t notice any issues the night before this happened , but the next day when I went to game I had no microphone. I could still be in game chat and hear my friends , but I was talking away and started wondering why no one was answering me lol the headset is a plantronics .audio655 DSP I don’t know if that helps for the type of headset it is or not . I also have this other headset my aunt bought me , I think it might have been bargain bin or something. The mic on that headset is great compared to the other headset , but the sound coming through the headset is abysmal . Sounds like people are under water and things just sound really damp and far away . Is there a way I could fix that ? If I can’t figure out my first headset ? I’m just confused as to why it up and stopped working . I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and that didn’t help so I don’t know what else . Tried all my USB ports . 

Yeah nvm about the first headset . One speaker is just completely dead . So is there a way to fix the second that sounds far away and under water ?