Razer Naga Trinity double-click

benstalls

I asked r/razer on reddit and got nowhere, should've came to the best tech forum to begin with! Here's my post from there:

I own a RAZER Naga Trinity, and as of recent there has been a problem with holding down the left click button, and it registering double clicks. This hasn't been an issue with gaming, but something as simple as dragging files or editing something in Adobe Premier can become a hassle. The double clicks are entirely random as far as I can tell.

There is also a lot of play when putting my finger on the plastic, but not actually clicking. I'll have a video demonstrating what I mean.

I've only had this mouse for about a year, so I'm a little disappointed. I don't have the money to buy a new mouse. Any suggestions on repairing it? Or is this just something that I'll have to deal with.

Example of the weird extra play in the mouse button: (Might wanna put your volume up a bit)

https://youtu.be/Mv14uCWvadM

is the mouse still covered by warranty?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Most likely the button is failing. I had that happen a while ago on their first Razer Naga. I tried taking it apart and cleaning it with some contact cleaner, but that only lasted a few days before the issue came back. Hopefully it's still under warranty. Mine was and I was able to get a replacement.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:13 AM, Inelastic said:

Most likely the button is failing. I had that happen a while ago on their first Razer Naga. I tried taking it apart and cleaning it with some contact cleaner, but that only lasted a few days before the issue came back. Hopefully it's still under warranty. Mine was and I was able to get a replacement.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:27 AM, Oswin said:

is the mouse still covered by warranty?

I just put my Serial Number into their site, and no, it is no longer covered by warranty. I assume I'm out of luck? I love this mouse but I'll probably be getting something like a  logitech if this won't even last a year.

2 hours ago, benyboi said:

I just put my Serial Number into their site, and no, it is no longer covered by warranty. I assume I'm out of luck? I love this mouse but I'll probably be getting something like a  logitech if this won't even last a year.

i see, if you want something that wont double click then you can go for something like the viper mini that has optical switches, or if you want something bigger with more buttons then the basilisk v2 is another option.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

I don't think I want another Razer mouse, as much as I love their company, this has really tarnished my view of them. The G502 Hero looks really nice. My friend bought one yesterday and absolutely loves it, more than his two Glorious Model-O's that have crapped out on him.