CPU stuck in overclock even after changing cpus, motherboards, and windows install?

I used to have the ryzen 2600x. I had it overclocked to 4.2ghz. I overclocked using the asrock bios on my asrock b450m pro4 motherboard. I decided I'd rather have it clock up and down so it isn't constantly running warmer. After setting the bios back to normal, resetting the bios, pulling the little battery, and even trying ryzen master, I couldn't get rid of the constant 4.2ghz. I couldn't get it to clock down.
I was on the same windows install for 8 years. I just recently did a fresh windows install after a couple upgrades. I got the ryzen 3600, and a new motherboard (asus b550m tuf).
I finish everything and I use nzxt cam to control fan speeds and leds. It shows a constant 4.2ghz. I panic and think this must be a bug in nzxt cam. Ryzen master in easy mode shows my clock speed and temperatures much lower.
I decided to try the tried and true cpu-z and it also shows 4241.40mhz constant.
I made sure my asus bios is set to pretty much auto everything. I even enabled precision boost.
I don't have any idea what's going on. I've done about 15 custom computer builds and none have this issue. Could it be with my nzxt kraken liquid cooler? I usually use a cooler master aio for builds for other people. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks for absolutely any info.