HELP: Wifi drops on good signal

Constantine

Hey guys,

Not sure if this should be here or on troubleshooting but...

I'm posting since I've run out of ideas but for the past few weeks I've been getting random drops on my WiFi on a good signal and not being able to reconnect for a minute.

Couple of things that changed in the environment since it happened:

1) Moved rig from the floor to the top of desk behind dual monitors.

2) Changed mobos since the last one died on me.

3) Updated Modem+Router firmware (Billion 7800NL)

Its weird because I have my brother's desktop PC next to mine and he's not experiencing drops, so that rules out the router. I thought it was the wireless card so I bought a new one with more antennas and I'm still getting drops. The only fix I've found so far is to have an extra USB Wireless card on my USB hub and have that running with my PCI-E wireless adapter so when the PCI-e one drops I stay online with the USB WiFi. I've tried monitoring the signal with inSSIDer but the signal hovers around -58 to -60 db so I doubt its the router not reaching my PC.

Would it be because of interference from the monitors? I have a corner desk, so the back of my rig is right up on the corner of my house and there are two monitors infront of it. If it is, do you guys know of any solutions (other than USB Wireless adapters since I'm out of USB ports).

Thanks for the help. :)

EDIT: Here's some photos to give an idea where the PC is

Before:

F6tku0d.jpg

After:

Dp7ZfpT.jpg