First motorcycle

Wellingtonzed
Go to solution Solved by atxcyclist,
2 hours ago, Wellingtonzed said:

For those who are experienced:

looking for first motorcycle that ill be keeping for many many years and kilometres. under 5k(canadian). 

is a Honda 750 shadow ideal? 

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/honda/shadow aero/edmonton/alberta/19_11549960_?ms=motorcycles_atvs&showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=13_15_31&pc=T6H 1M7&sprx=100

Just asking for opinions and thoughts. 

A Honda Shadow will be nearly bombproof, they're pretty much the quintessential Japanese cruiser. Though I will say, carburetors need a little more attention for the winter storage I imagine you'll be doing in Canada. Just don't store the bike for months at a time with a full float bowl unless you've put some Sta-Bil or other fuel stabilizer in your last tank before you put it away for the season. Fuel-injected engines are a bit less susceptible to this, but it can still cause injector clogging.

I really don't know the market up there, but Honda and Yamaha cruisers are good bets, Older Yamaha cruisers might go by V-Star up there like they were here for a while. I started on a small-displacement Yamaha cruiser, I'm on a modern Honda 500cc naked bike now, it's been excellent. I commute on it year-round.

looking for first motorcycle that ill be keeping for many many years and kilometres. under 5k(canadian). 

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/honda/shadow aero/edmonton/alberta/19_11549960_?ms=motorcycles_atvs&showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=13_15_31&pc=T6H 1M7&sprx=100

Dude get what you want because there is a chance that someone will take you out or you take yourself out. Also when things get harry remember wide open throttle, it will get you through it or end the suspense. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

2 hours ago, Wellingtonzed said:

A Honda Shadow will be nearly bombproof, they're pretty much the quintessential Japanese cruiser. Though I will say, carburetors need a little more attention for the winter storage I imagine you'll be doing in Canada. Just don't store the bike for months at a time with a full float bowl unless you've put some Sta-Bil or other fuel stabilizer in your last tank before you put it away for the season. Fuel-injected engines are a bit less susceptible to this, but it can still cause injector clogging.

I really don't know the market up there, but Honda and Yamaha cruisers are good bets, Older Yamaha cruisers might go by V-Star up there like they were here for a while. I started on a small-displacement Yamaha cruiser, I'm on a modern Honda 500cc naked bike now, it's been excellent. I commute on it year-round.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1