Trouble With Uphere RGB fans

elung

Hello all! I have currently built my new PC but my new Uphere fans won't light up. The motherboard I'm using is a b450M steel legend. I have 6 fans connected to the hub and the cords are going to CHA_FAN3 and the ARGB header. Any help will do thanks!

You made sure you connected the ARBG header correctly to the hub, shown here.

And you made sure to connect to the ARBG header with the right cable as they show on Amazon.

Do you have any pictures you can show us of your build, specifically of where the cables are plugged in, if possible?

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

6 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

You made sure you connected the ARBG header correctly to the hub, shown here.

And you made sure to connect to the ARBG header with the right cable as they show on Amazon.

Do you have any pictures you can show us of your build, specifically of where the cables are plugged in, if possible?

I'm in the middle of moving so I can't take any pictures right now, but what I can tell you is that the ARGB plug is plugged into number 24 while the PWM is plugged into number 17 https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M Steel Legend.pdf (look at page 7, page 30 and page 32). I am fairly sure that everything is connected properly. I contacted the seller to see if they can deduce anything as well.

2 hours ago, elung said:

I'm in the middle of moving so I can't take any pictures right now, but what I can tell you is that the ARGB plug is plugged into number 24 while the PWM is plugged into number 17 https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M Steel Legend.pdf (look at page 7, page 30 and page 32). I am fairly sure that everything is connected properly. I contacted the seller to see if they can deduce anything as well.

Hmm, there's a few points of failure that I can see.

First PoF would be the cable connecting the hub to the ARGB Header.

Second PoF would be the ARGB Header itself

Third PoF would be the connector on the controller hub.

Are the fans themselves working (not the RGB but the actual function)? if the fans are working, then it might not be the cable since (looking at their product page) it's connected together with the ARGB connector.

(ignore this if fans are working) I just thought of something else. Did you connect the hub to the PSU?

Also the fans have two wires, correct? One for LED and one for fan, and they are both connected, right?

I'm just throwing out all the things that can go wrong. There might be something else I missed but that's all I got for now. If you can't simply fix it, I would send it back to the seller and have them test the hub and fans. If they are working on their end, it might be the ARGB header of your motherboard.

Just looked at Amazon questions. Did you hold the reset button on the Hub for a few seconds after powering on the PC?

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

1 hour ago, MrBrightSyde said:

Hmm, there's a few points of failure that I can see.

First PoF would be the cable connecting the hub to the ARGB Header.

Second PoF would be the ARGB Header itself

Third PoF would be the connector on the controller hub.

Are the fans themselves working (not the RGB but the actual function)? if the fans are working, then it might not be the cable since (looking at their product page) it's connected together with the ARGB connector.

(ignore this if fans are working) I just thought of something else. Did you connect the hub to the PSU?

Also the fans have two wires, correct? One for LED and one for fan, and they are both connected, right?

I'm just throwing out all the things that can go wrong. There might be something else I missed but that's all I got for now. If you can't simply fix it, I would send it back to the seller and have them test the hub and fans. If they are working on their end, it might be the ARGB header of your motherboard.

Just looked at Amazon questions. Did you hold the reset button on the Hub for a few seconds after powering on the PC?

Yes the fans are working, just not the RGB function. The hub is connected via sata cable and each fan has two wires and they are both connected. I also tried to reset the hub by holding the button but that didn't change anything either. I emailed the seller today, thank you for your input though.

Are the fans plugged in in order like all 4 fans in line 1234 if there are more than 4 ports try putting them in order hope you can understand me..