Help after resetting BIOS setting to default my pc cant find Boot option

OakiDoki
10 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

I still need the drive configuration,

And that corner just means the firmware is UEFI. Windows could be installed as legacy BIOS still. Make sure your CSM is enabled.

How do I check that? 

I currently cant boot into Windows due to there being nö boot option can I tell which one it is from the BIOS? 

5 minutes ago, OakiDoki said:

How do I check that? 

I currently cant boot into Windows due to there being nö boot option can I tell which one it is from the BIOS? 

With CSM enabled, your firmware can boot both legacy BIOS and UEFI installs. On my MSI motherboard, it's located in advanced options, then with boot options.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

With CSM enabled, your firmware can boot both legacy BIOS and UEFI installs. On my MSI motherboard, it's located in advanced options, then with boot options.

This is what comes up, should I just trial and error between uefi and legacy? 

IMG_20200806_161641.jpg

26 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

After saving changes and restarting my pc booted into windows! does this mean everything is fixed or is there still something i need to do?

Thanks so much again

Edit: i checked and my bios mode is Legacy

4 minutes ago, OakiDoki said:

After saving changes and restarting my pc booted into windows! does this mean everything is fixed or is there still something i need to do?

Thanks so much again

Edit: i checked and my bios mode is Legacy

It should be good to go. Next time you install Windows, launch the installer under UEFI to avoid this. :)

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Just now, svmlegacy said:

It should be good to go. Next time you install Windows, launch the installer under UEFI to avoid this. :)

So can I enable the docp Profile again or could that cause an issue? Or was the csm not being enabled the problem I had? 

And thanks again so much for All the help

Just now, OakiDoki said:

So can I enable the docp Profile again or could that cause an issue? Or was the csm not being enabled the problem I had? 

And thanks again so much for All the help

Run it for a few days as-is and see if original problem still exists. That way we can tell if the memory settings were unstable or not.

Since you have a legacy install, you need to have CSM on at all times unless you re-install windows. No point in doing that just for UEFI.

18 hours ago, svmlegacy said:

Run it for a few days as-is and see if original problem still exists. That way we can tell if the memory settings were unstable or not.

Since you have a legacy install, you need to have CSM on at all times unless you re-install windows. No point in doing that just for UEFI.

8 jus tchecked my BIOS once more and then I realized that my pc is only able to Boot from my hdd and not my ssd eventhough my ssd has the OS installed on it do you know how I can fix that? 

Would you recommended doing a fresh start and reinstalling the OS newly that way I can install it in uefi and maybe fix all the issue? 

I would say to reinstall. It's fast these days. Make sure to backup your documents and stuff

6 hours ago, recon_zero_ said:

I would say to reinstall. It's fast these days. Make sure to backup your documents and stuff

Should I uninstall everything manually on my pc before doing it or can I just do a fresh start in windows setting, or should I just reinstall the OS all in all without doing anything? 

And do you know if reinstalling OS wears out the ssd alot or if it's fine

you'll be fine. With a reinstall you may need to reinstall your programs and games

2 hours ago, recon_zero_ said:

you'll be fine. With a reinstall you may need to reinstall your programs and games

How exactly do i reinstall the OS with a bios in only UEFI mode? Ive been looking up alot on how ot do this but i am not really finding any answers.. I dont know how to exactly reinstall windows itself and go to the option where i can choose between legacy and uefi, do you know how ot do this?