Alternative Matrix Switcher??

EXTRADODO

Hi guys,

We're planning to buy ATEN VM6809H Matrix Switcher for the company multi-display setup.

We already have 3 of  these for the offices in different locations but wondering if there's any other alternative that's easier to use and/or cheaper.

What we're using it for is to connect 6 TVs as one big monitor output from 8 different sources (PCs, Laptops and AppleTV).

What I'm loving about this is that I can switch to any profile easily.

What I don't like is that it's expensive.

Is there any other 8x8 HDMI Matrix Switcher that does the same as this ATEN?

Love to hear what y'all are thinking....

ATEN Matrix Switcher.PNG

Here's one that's 8x8, and can achieve 4K @ 60Hz for $900. It has an RS232 serial if you want to make an internal app to control it, but it also has a web GUI through ethernet if you fancy that.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

If you need both matrix switching and video wall capabilities that's your only solution I could find for more than 4 displays. If you only need an 8 input video wall you could use a video wall processor and an 8x1 HDMI switcher.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, ImAlsoRan said:

Here's one that's 8x8, and can achieve 4K @ 60Hz for $900. It has an RS232 serial if you want to make an internal app to control it, but it also has a web GUI through ethernet if you fancy that.

@ImAlsoRan Thank you. I'll add that to my research list.

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

If you need both matrix switching and video wall capabilities that's your only solution I could find for more than 4 displays. If you only need an 8 input video wall you could use a video wall processor and an 8x1 HDMI switcher.

@BobVonBob Thanks for the tip. As you said, I need that video wall function to be able to use as a one big ass display.

I'm not sure what you mean by "video wall processor". I'll search for it right away.

50 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

@BobVonBob Thanks for the tip. As you said, I need that video wall function to be able to use as a one big ass display.

I'm not sure what you mean by "video wall processor". I'll search for it right away.

Video wall controller is probably the more accurate term, but a good 6+ output video wall controller and an 8x1 HDMI switcher should run you less than $2000.

While searching I also just found this (8 input 8 output) and this (9 input 9 output), they appear to combine video wall and matrix switch functionality like the ATEN unit, but at a significantly lower price. On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be from a particularly well known brand and the ease of use might be a bit suspect.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

28 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Video wall controller is probably the more accurate term, but a good 6+ output video wall controller and an 8x1 HDMI switcher should run you less than $2000.

While searching I also just found this (8 input 8 output) and this (9 input 9 output), they appear to combine video wall and matrix switch functionality like the ATEN unit, but at a significantly lower price. On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be from a particularly well known brand and the ease of use might be a bit suspect.

@BobVonBob Thanks a lot bruh... That might save me spending money for the video wall.