Windows Audio Control

Go to solution Solved by NewAndreas,

You can use Hot Keyboard to set a sound level to a specific device with a shortcut on your keyboard.

After you have fixed a shortcut, you can use your keyboards macro buttons to activate that shortcut!

http://www.hot-keyboard.com/download/

Alright, so I may be about to ask something incredibly obvious and / or simple, and if so, you all have permission to laugh at me  :P

But basically, in the first image, that's the standard output volume of my computer. In the second and third images, that's the amount of power going to the speaker (It's USB powered, but the audio signal is taken from the 3.5mm audio jack).

Now, I get the "best" (subjective) audio quality when the speakers are at around 75, and the source volume is adjusted to however loud I want my music. However, when I do this, I get a LOT of interference whenever the GPU is under a load, like when in a game, and when the computer is shut down (weirdly).

If I set the audio device to the USB port as the default device, I get no audio, as the audio is being taken from the 3.5mm port. But this means that when I go to shut off my computer, I can press a single button on my keyboard and mute the audio, and stopping the speaker buzzing.

So, is there any way to set up a macro (or using another program / feature within windows) to be able to control the power supplied to the speakers without having to crawl through the settings, which is just annoyingly inconvenient. At speaker volume of 5%, I don't notice the buzzing sounds and is perfect for gaming, however I have to max the volume to enjoy any music (although this is still quiet, has some distortion, and the sound stays relatively flat). And I use 75% for music.

So for anyone still with me, is it possible to set up a hot key to switch between the power levels of a non-default windows audio device, or am I stuck with this inconvenience?  :P

post-6083-0-17437700-1393874915.png

post-6083-0-23326900-1393874923.png

post-6083-0-20822900-1393874932.png

I *should*, yes, but I've not succeeded in doing that, either. No matter what I do, no sound will play if I try to use the USB audio directly... -.-

You can use Hot Keyboard to set a sound level to a specific device with a shortcut on your keyboard.

After you have fixed a shortcut, you can use your keyboards macro buttons to activate that shortcut!

http://www.hot-keyboard.com/download/

I'll give that a go now, thanks! :D

I'll give that a go now, thanks! :D

Remeber to quote people to give them a notification when you answer them ;)

Remeber to quote people to give them a notification when you answer them ;)

I presumed that once you posted in a thread, it would keep you updated until you turned off the notifications... oopsie! Can you tell I don't often give advice on forums? Hahaha

But that program worked perfectly straight off, no problems at all. Cheers :D

I presumed that once you posted in a thread, it would keep you updated until you turned off the notifications... oopsie! Can you tell I don't often give advice on forums? Hahaha

But that program worked perfectly straight off, no problems at all. Cheers :D

It does, but many turn that off, so its good to do it :) 

Glad i could help

I *should*, yes, but I've not succeeded in doing that, either. No matter what I do, no sound will play if I try to use the USB audio directly... -.-

Maybe this would be a better problem to fix?  :)  :P  :rolleyes:  :ph34r: