Help PC Part Picking

I have been slowly upgrading a Dell OptiPlex 3020 into an below okay low end gaming rig for a few months now (like 8 - 10 months) and am needing a new pc so i thought I would ask the LTT Forum for some help!
also i overheard my dad saying that he will just buy me a pc so I don't constantly ask for upgrades which sparked me to look around for some parts to build one so he doesn't get me and intel based machine that has a GT 710

(Just to note that my dad thinks that Intel Is Better than AMD For value and performance cause the last time he bought a pc was 8-6 years ago so in the replies could you also state why AMD is now better, cause I don't have much knowledge of how intel went from a good choice to a bad choice for consumers)

Budget (including currency): £300 - £400 (idk the exact)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Premiere Pro, Obs Studio, Games (can be run on low settings if needed (I'm used to it lol) )
I'm going to be doing some Gaming, Video editing and recording with some livestreaming, need a rig that is capable of doing those simultaneously.

Parts CAN be second hand

I plan on getting a GPU second hand 

I am upgrading from:
(was a dell OptiPlex 3020 before i did some small upgrades)

CPU: i5-4590 (4c/4t)

GPU: R5 240 (bad lol)

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Motherboard: idk all that ik is that it doesn't restart (black screen when I try)
CPU Cooler: Unidentifiable, looks like a intel default with some random no name fan on it.

Storage:

500GB HDD (idk the speed)

240GB SSD

Going to buy parts in  October

Want to play games at 1080p 60fps Any Settings (100% Resolution Scale)

Current Parts List:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/ZF162ZMB87SI?ref_=wl_share

No Peripherals needed

All help is greatly appreciated!

Don't bother looking at parts now. Look when you're ready to buy.

Welcome to the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

Don't bother looking at parts now. Look when you're ready to buy.

Welcome to the forum.

Im looking at parts now so i can tell my dad a rough estimate of how much im wanting is, and thanks for the welcome :3

2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Honestly what you have right now isn't half bad you could case swap it and add a proper ATX power supply ($50 for each) and then add something like an RX 580 and an SSD

forgot to list storage ^-^;
Going to edit now, also I'm wanting to upgrade cause i cant upgrade my CPU any further that's meaningful, with an AM4 B450 motherboard I can upgrade my CPU to Zen 3 and get higher performance

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

K then with your 240gb SSD you should be fine. I assume Windows is on the SSD?

Windows is on the ssd

6 minutes ago, CameronAD said:

Im looking at parts now so i can tell my dad a rough estimate of how much im wanting is, and thanks for the welcome :3

Parts pricing fluctuates between now and then. For all we know RAM could double in price if there's a shortage because of COVID.

We also don't know what Ryzen 3 will cost, but you can sort of look at past launch pricing to figure that out; that, again, is different than what it costs now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Parts pricing fluctuates between now and then. For all we know RAM could double in price if there's a shortage because of COVID.

We also don't know what Ryzen 3 will cost, but you can sort of look at past launch pricing to figure that out; that, again, is different than what it costs now.

i know that pricing fluctuates over time, its just ik that I'm too lazy and will forget to do it later until there is 1 week to buy all the parts ^-^;
Also i will probably buy most of it second hand to save costs
thanks for the reply tho :3

15 minutes ago, CameronAD said:

i know that pricing fluctuates over time, its just ik that I'm too lazy and will forget to do it later until there is 1 week to buy all the parts ^-^;
Also i will probably buy most of it second hand to save costs
thanks for the reply tho :3

If you're buying second hand then the pricing you get here is completely irrelevant anyway.

That makes even less sense.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, dizmo said:

If you're buying second hand then the pricing you get here is completely irrelevant anyway.

That makes even less sense.

1. The new pricing gives me a good idea of what the maximum a part can be.

2. Second Hand pricing has averages i can work out (also I even said in the original post that I would get some parts second hand)