RX 5700 XT drivers wont allow fans to go past 30 percent after rebooting the PC at any given time

Krude_Tepes

As stated in the tital i have installed a Rx 5700 XT but all of its drivers never let the fans go past 30 percent after a system restart or shutdown. i have to reinstall the drivers every time and no mater the version it maters not the same things happen  even MSI afterburner doesnt help. I will move the fan curve and it just puts them right back to 30% fan speed no mater the load. some help would be liked pls

What 5700XT is it? 

Even with all the driver issues with Navi that I've heard since release, this one's a first, and to me it sounds more like a vBIOS issue than driver related.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

its the blower style one I will get you a pic of it

3 hours ago, Krude_Tepes said:

As stated in the tital i have installed a Rx 5700 XT but all of its drivers never let the fans go past 30 percent after a system restart or shutdown. i have to reinstall the drivers every time and no mater the version it maters not the same things happen  even MSI afterburner doesnt help. I will move the fan curve and it just puts them right back to 30% fan speed no mater the load. some help would be liked pls

Weird bug.

Are you uninstalling with DDU or using the factory erase mode with the Radeon drivers?

I know there is a BIOS update for some of the XT's (I just updated my ROG 5700xt) - might be worth looking into.

AMD 5800x | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | 980 PRO & 970 EVO  | Trident Z Royal 32GB DDR3600  | Nvidia 4080 FE  | Corsair H100i Pro | Lian-Li 011 XL ROG | Corsair RM850x |

50 minutes ago, plzfix said:

Weird bug.

Are you uninstalling with DDU or using the factory erase mode with the Radeon drivers?

I know there is a BIOS update for some of the XT's (I just updated my ROG 5700xt) - might be worth looking into.

I just did DDU uninstall but befor i was just repairing the drivers via the driver installer and a few times i did factory reset and still had the prob and just did a ddu uninstall and reinstall and i still ahve the prob after rebooting the PC for a test

1 hour ago, Krude_Tepes said:

I just did DDU uninstall but befor i was just repairing the drivers via the driver installer and a few times i did factory reset and still had the prob and just did a ddu uninstall and reinstall and i still ahve the prob after rebooting the PC for a test

OK - without getting into a wholesale fresh install of Windows have you tried clearing your CMOS and setting your BIOS to default? 

What are you system / software specs - I happened to be at Canada Computers the other day doing an RMA and one of the guys was telling me about some driver issues and a particular version of Windows 10.

Now for the life of me I can't remember the version but it was the 19xx vs 20xx - specifically for AMD cards. 

AMD 5800x | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | 980 PRO & 970 EVO  | Trident Z Royal 32GB DDR3600  | Nvidia 4080 FE  | Corsair H100i Pro | Lian-Li 011 XL ROG | Corsair RM850x |

im at 20.7.2 for drivers and my OS build is 2004