HDD problem

Raina21

I had a old Seagate Hard Disk and an old PC lying around(the pc was my old one which I am sure works fine). Now, I installed Windows on my Disk (wanted to use the pc for some experimental purpose). I installed everything(including drivers, software etc.) and hey all installed fine. Now, I rebooted the computer, and some error message came saying " No OS found. Press Ctrl+alt+del to continue". What amused me the most was that the drive which earlier showed up in the BIOS as a Seagate one, now was showing up as a Toshiba one! . Anyone has any idea what is the problem with the drive, and how can it be solved?

You may want to do a CMOS reset of the BIOS, apparently it still thinks it has the old disk attached. Perhaps the drive is too new for the BIOS revision your system has, see if there's a newer version available.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Just now, Dutch_Master said:

You may want to do a CMOS reset of the BIOS, apparently it still thinks it has the old disk attached. Perhaps the drive is too new for the BIOS revision your system has, see if there's a newer version available.

This was the old disk only, I had used this disk for increasing storage in my current pc, but now that I have bought a newer and bigger hard disk for my current pc, I thought of putting it back.(Formatted it before putting it back)

OK, try reformatting the drive to FAT32 instead of NTFS. Although that shouldn't make a difference, it could.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

1 minute ago, Raina21 said:

This was the old disk only, I had used this disk for increasing storage in my current pc, but now that I have bought a newer and bigger hard disk for my current pc, I thought of putting it back.(Formatted it before putting it back)

if you have 2 hard disks on your PC, set the boot device in your BIOS to the hard disk which has the OS.