Raid controller

Hello, I just got old ProLiant DL320e Gen8 server, tried to reinstall OS but it didn't work, updated iLO 4 version still nothing then I noticed that embedded flash is degraded, tried formatting but still nothing, so I give up because I think its dead. When I press F10 it should boot to intelligent provisioning but after one beep it just boots to OS, I want to ask what cheap RAID controller I could buy for 2 drive RAID 1.

Common problem with the Gen 8 servers, once the iLO Embedded Flash dies the server becomes a bit useless. The workaround is to take the RAID card out of the server and put it in to another system, HPE servers intercept the RAID configuration BIOS and make you use Intelligent Provisioning which you can't do when iLO is broken, configure an array and mark the array as bootable (super important). Then put the RAID card back in to the HPE server and then boot to your OS install media and you should then see a bootable volume the OS can install on to.

Your current RAID card is working fine, it's just a quirk with HPE servers and the issues that happen when the Embedded Flash Media dies that run iLO/Intelligent Provisioning.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Common problem with the Gen 8 servers, once the iLO Embedded Flash dies the server becomes a bit useless. The workaround is to take the RAID card out of the server and put it in to another system, HPE servers intercept the RAID configuration BIOS and make you use Intelligent Provisioning which you can't do when iLO is broken, configure an array and mark the array as bootable (super important). Then put the RAID card back in to the HPE server and then boot to your OS install media and you should then see a bootable volume the OS can install on to.

Your current RAID card is working fine, it's just a quirk with HPE servers and the issues that happen when the Embedded Flash Media dies that run iLO/Intelligent Provisioning.

Problem is that other server I can access is dell 

3 minutes ago, Julius159 said:

Problem is that other server I can access is dell 

As long as it lets you load the RAID webBIOS then it'll work fine for what you need. Regular PC will also work but you'll need to put it next to the HPE server and have it powered on to power the disks and run the RAID SAS cables across to the backplane in the HPE server. You're going to have to hack something up if you want to use the server, that's the pain in having the Flash die like that.

Edit:

Once you got the array configured you move the RAID card back to the HPE server in case that wasn't clear with the PC next to the server solution.