trading for bit coins where/how&why?

I have been looking into VPN services and I am very hard pressed to reach into my wallet and pull out my credit card while I sit here un-employed. I found a solution a VPN provider that will accept Bitcoin. That's great I have been mining Doge/lite coins on and off for the past week (putting my feet in the water.) Simple right? Trade my coins for bit coins and buy a month of vpn to test it out and mine another months subscription. 

It's a little overwhelming looking at all the different trading websites. which is why I'm looking to hear other members experiences with trading coins like doge and lite coins for bit coins. 

Recommendations of exchanges, youtube videos, or guides on exchanges or trading would be greatly appreciated.

BTC-E is a great exchange. However they don't accept DOGE

I was looking at BTC-E how ever yes one reason holding me back from there is the lack of doge. ideally ill need to combine to get my VPN ASAP. I could do it all in lite coin in a couple days. any tips on how you price your coins for trade or anything like that?

If you want to exchange your doge for Bitcoin, try cryptsy or bter Both are fairly reliable and reputable.  Remember not to hold large amounts of coins/value in an account where you don't control the private keys.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If you want to exchange your doge for Bitcoin, try cryptsy or bter Both are fairly reliable and reputable.  Remember not to hold large amounts of coins/value in an account where you don't control the private keys.

+1 if not BTC-E I recommend Cryptsy. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I was able to sell my doge and lite coin quickly on cryptsy but its giving me difficulties paying out to my andriod tablet. hopefully i can figure it out soon and buy a month VPN subscription

EDIT: I figured it out Cryptsy was fast and easy. with all that done I was able to transfer my new bitcoins to my tablet wallet and im browsing my safer and have a ability to watch american shows on youtube and comedy central VPNs are awesome! crypto currency is awesome! Everything is Awesome!