Asus XG279Q and help with Asus Monitor range

naturallyaspirated6

Hey,

I‘ll try to keep it short. I‘m looking for a monitor for my upcoming build later this year (Ampere/Ryzen4000) and would like to get an asus monitor (very good experience with ASUS monitors in the past personally and through friends, plus I love the aesthetics).

I will be playing competitive FPS games as well as immersive SP games - also streaming most of the time. It should definitely be 1440p, high-refresh rage (>144Hz) - HDR is a nice bonus. 

So far I really like the XG279Q - the naming of the products is super confusing to me and while watching reviews of monitors I sometimes discovered in the middle of the video that it‘s not even the monitor I was looking for and just one letter was different. 

Is there a better option than the aforementioned XG279Q in Asus‘ current product range?

I was also considering the PG35VQ but that‘ll be problematic for streaming because of the aspect ratio, is that right? Dual monitor with an ultrawide probably looks pretty weird as well. 

Asus just announced the PG329Q - looks very fine, worth waiting for that (will build around nov/dec - depending on parts availability)?

Any input on this or experience with these monitors or others would be much appreciated. 

I‘m fully aware that there are other great monitors from other manufacturers out there and while I wouldn‘t mind some good recommendations, I would appreciate if we could focus on my main questions/concerns for now. 

I would wait a couple more months if you’re looking for more than 144Hz. 

There are 1440p 240Hz monitors & soon to be IPS versions. 

Also if you play competitively, then it’s worth waiting & seeing. 

The monitor you linked is very good, however, unless the HDR is rated 800/1000, it’s not worth turning it on as it wouldn’t be HDR due to such low brightness.