K70 vs BlackWidow Elite vs K68

Jray204

Hi all,

As the title says, which keyboard should I pick? I like the K70 Mk2 for its good quality build and metal finish, however only the CMX Red switches are available within my budget, which I dont really like. The K68 is available with Blue switches, and although I prefer something like Brown, I would much rather have tactility with clicking than linear. However this is a little less premium, and plastic. Finally breaking the theme is the BlackWidow elite. I have to replace my current keyboard as it started messing up keystrokes. It is a razer. And one of the reasons people don't like them is because of their quality. However what I like about the BWE is the plush palm rest everyone says they like, it doesnt look too bad, it is metal and it has razer green switches (equivalent to mx blues.) I also have been looking for a Corsair Keyboard for a while now because I wanted to switch. No particular reason just I like the brand and many other of my PC Parts are Corsair.

K70 - £115

K68 - £89

BWE - £119

(UPDATE: Just found a K95 RGB Platinum - £139)

This seems ideal but will the quality let me down?

2 minutes ago, Jray204 said:

Hi all,

As the title says, which keyboard should I pick? I like the K70 Mk2 for its good quality build and metal finish, however only the CMX Red switches are available within my budget, which I dont really like. The K68 is available with Blue switches, and although I prefer something like Brown, I would much rather have tactility with clicking than linear. However this is a little less premium, and plastic. Finally breaking the theme is the BlackWidow elite. I have to replace my current keyboard as it started messing up keystrokes. It is a razer. And one of the reasons people don't like them is because of their quality. However what I like about the BWE is the plush palm rest everyone says they like, it doesnt look too bad, it is metal and it has razer green switches. 

If you can, try it. but tbh the keyboard is just fine.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

14 minutes ago, Jray204 said:

Hi all,

As the title says, which keyboard should I pick? I like the K70 Mk2 for its good quality build and metal finish, however only the CMX Red switches are available within my budget, which I dont really like. The K68 is available with Blue switches, and although I prefer something like Brown, I would much rather have tactility with clicking than linear. However this is a little less premium, and plastic. Finally breaking the theme is the BlackWidow elite. I have to replace my current keyboard as it started messing up keystrokes. It is a razer. And one of the reasons people don't like them is because of their quality. However what I like about the BWE is the plush palm rest everyone says they like, it doesnt look too bad, it is metal and it has razer green switches. 

I've never had a corsair k70 mk2 or a k68, but I have had a razer blackwidow elite. Honestly there's nothing wrong with the build quality, and imo Corsair keyboards/mice from what I've experienced feels somewhat cheap in comparison, but being frank, I dont think you'll have issues with the keyboard. Razer is known for having QC and reliablity issues in some of their products, but their mice and keyboards at the very minimum tend to be quite consistant and devoid of most problems. If you're willing to wait and sign up to the Razer newsletter, you may be able to get the blackwidow elite for up to 50% off, but this will only happen maybe onces or twice a year when razer hits a major milestone or wins a CES award. Otherwise going on to amazon and picking one up for ~$120 is your best bet if you're interested in the keyboard

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

What is your budget and country? Any switch preferences, or other requirements?

1 minute ago, gloop said:

probably a Brown switch

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

Just now, gloop said:

As I said, anything with tactility, and I dont mind if it is clicky. United Kingdom, and no more than £120. I play casual games as well as work on here so an all rounder.

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

probably a Brown switch

Yea a brown however they seem to be £40 more than reds! Blues are the same as reds here but harder to find. Is the K70 quality worth going with a red switch? I have never used a linear switch and so I don't know if it'd be good. And unfortunately there aren't any open places near me to test. 

UPDATE: I found a K95 RGB Platinum for £139. Is going for this worth it?