Robotics / AI / Machine vision et al ?

Greetings.

Just wondering, with the interest I see (as a dad) in robotics and their programming from schools and private schools etc. if Linus has considered doing a forum on that or even a show?

Facebook is filled with programming courses for kids, schools are offering that, its all over the place. I mean, if there's one group I can think of that can leverage this interest its Linus Media Group.

My son is 12 and we're learning C++ and opencv (I'm trying to learn to help him, but falling behind honestly), and he's all into this robotics and programming stuff.

He's already building a robotic arm and a vision detection system (Jetson nano) and doing great.  I love the time we spend together.

Its just that he doesn't have any friends with this interest.

I'm sure there's a lot of kids out there that could befriend each other.

Any chance something like that is on the radar?

Cheers from Richmond, BC.

PS: PM me if you are in the same situation or if you are looking for peers in this.

9 hours ago, DasBoomer said:

Just wondering, with the interest I see (as a dad) in robotics and their programming from schools and private schools etc. if Linus has considered doing a forum on that or even a show?

No offense towards Linus but I don´t think he is qualified to talk in detail about these topics. It is just not his thing as he covers mostly IT entry level topics such as new hardware, tests and so on without looking at the technical details behind it. He is however good in giving a general overview!

5 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

No offense towards Linus but I don´t think he is qualified to talk in detail about these topics. It is just not his thing as he covers mostly IT entry level topics such as new hardware, tests and so on without looking at the technical details behind it. He is however good in giving a general overview!

What's great about Linus is his natural ability to make things happen. If he perceives there might be something worthwhile, I'd likely bet he can make it happen. I just hopes he gets to read this 🙂