Vr Recommendations

Snowmnason

So I post a lot with stupid questions and I feel awful, but I couldn't find a thread. 

I have the original Vive so I definitely want an upgrade. but there is so many options. 

I was hoping to see a large thread comparing the different ones Quest, Pro, Cosmos, index. 

Money isn't a HUGE issue. I am just looking for opinions on reliability, user friendliness, features. I wanted to avoid pages like these because I never trust a big page as much as I trust form users like you guys.

Sorry if this is in the wrong form, and apologize if this is the 7th time you seen this kind of post, I couldn't find another one!

On 7/23/2020 at 6:19 AM, Snowmnason said:

So I post a lot with stupid questions and I feel awful, but I couldn't find a thread. 

I have the original Vive so I definitely want an upgrade. but there is so many options. 

I was hoping to see a large thread comparing the different ones Quest, Pro, Cosmos, index. 

Money isn't a HUGE issue. I am just looking for opinions on reliability, user friendliness, features. I wanted to avoid pages like these because I never trust a big page as much as I trust form users like you guys.

Sorry if this is in the wrong form, and apologize if this is the 7th time you seen this kind of post, I couldn't find another one!

i tried a cosmos, and i didn't like it, I bought it 35% off, but I still returned it.  I don't think it's worth more than a used vive.

• The headset didn't fit me at all, the rubber thing at the nose left a huge gap under my eyes.
  • I had to tighten the headband pretty strong, otherwise it would slide around on my head.
  • It has a fan on the front which is pretty loud, and the headset still gets hot.
  • The controllers are large and heavy.
  • You need a PERFECT room for the tracking, specifically arranged for the cosmos. I guess it's gotta be large, with even bright lighting and lots of large textured areas.
  • Setting up a play area took me 15 minutes of spinning around in my office room with plenty of lighting and lots of straight high contrast edges and corners.
  • The cameras limit your movement a lot. I had to keep my arms uncomfortably far away from my body, which the heavy controllers don't help. I had to stare at the controllers for seconds every time I let them down near my side. The headset lost tracking every time I looked at my feet...

tldr: the youtube reviews don't lie in this case.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II