Question about NVME drive

Kingslayer Kyle

So I've just ordered this motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0

As I've just upgraded my CPU & memory, and this board seemed fairly priced and will be good until I have enough money to get something better but I've only just realized that the M.2 is a 2x slot 

My question is, I was just about to order my NVME drive and was doing some research, and only found out after I already ordered my motherboard and It's been shipped at this point

Is this going to limit the speed of my NVME drive if I wish to buy one compared to if I had a motherboard with a 4X slot?

Thanks in advance for any responses 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | GPU: GTX 1080Ti | Case: Corsair 750D Airflow | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VI | RAM: 16GB Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair AX860

SSD/HDD(s): SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB, SAMSUNG PM830 256GB, SEAGATE 6TB | Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S CB-PLUS

12 minutes ago, Kingslayer Kyle said:

I've only just realized that the M.2 is a 2x slot 

you'll be limited to pcie 3.0 x2 speed if that's the case

but i wouldn't be too bothered unless you need that extra speed

also, not all drive can hit the x4 speed anyways

day to day use, gaming use, you wouldnt feel much of a difference

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I bought a 970 EVO and I just checked I'd only be getting half of the speed.. So I'm gonna see if I can cancel this motherboard and order a different one

thanks guys

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | GPU: GTX 1080Ti | Case: Corsair 750D Airflow | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VI | RAM: 16GB Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair AX860

SSD/HDD(s): SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB, SAMSUNG PM830 256GB, SEAGATE 6TB | Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S CB-PLUS