AD Block

Bingbing10

so ive had it with stupid advertisements now and i just want to get rid of them ( i will disable for favorite youtubers ) but where abouts can i go to safely download ad block :)

thanks 

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

That depends on your browser. Just google whichever browser you use and ad block, it'll be one of the first links.

Please, please, please don't download AdBlock. I can not stand people that use AdBlock. Support the content creators, everybody that makes something that you can access on the web deserves the income. If you don't like the ads on that service or video, don't watch it. Please don't use adblock, I've gone 10 years without it, and I barley notice it, I don't know how people have such a big problem with it.

its just on some websites i visit you cannot help but watch them as there are so many they just pop up when you move your cursor.

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

Please, please, please don't download AdBlock. I can not stand people that use AdBlock. Support the content creators, everybody that makes something that you can access on the web deserves the income. If you don't like the ads on that service or video, don't watch it. Please don't use adblock, I've gone 10 years without it, and I barley notice it, I don't know how people have such a big problem with it.

Oooh, do you know CGPGrey? In his HelloInternet podcast (at #5 past 50min), I think he makes a really interesting point going along with what you're saying.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Oooh, do you know CGPGrey? In his HelloInternet podcast (at #5 past 50min), I think he makes a really interesting point going along with what you're saying.

I see no point being made along any lines of what you are quoting, unless you're implying what you quoted is not true and cannot be proven.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Can i ask a question your free not to answer it, but in those 10 years how many ad's do you think you've ever clicked or even paid attention to.

Less than a handful, but they still count as impressions, and as miniscule as it is, I have still supported the person making the content I am enjoying.

I think he just proved your point without even thinking about it, you see the ads, but it doesn't really affect you. so leaving the ads on hardly affects your experience right? yet you still let people like linus do this full time. If I can help people make content that i enjoy watching, and only have to give up 5 seconds of my time every 10 minutes, that's not very difficult. 

Less than a handful, but they still count as impressions, and as miniscule as it is, I have still supported the person making the content I am enjoying.

Content creation is something else, but what when you're doing something very special where you need to pay full attention and suddenly, a pop-up arises and you're forced to divert your attention? Well, that's really very painful... That's the very reason, we guys look for anti banners and pop-up blockers like adguard.com or ABP etc, isn't it?

The Irony is you need a clear mind/paper/art-board/file to do your "creative" creation on, who uses those mass ad mailers to get their creative edge on? Do you load up a text doc with adverts to do your on-line creations?

Humm... :wacko:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I used to use adblock, but i turned it of to support all of the content creators in the Web. I get that they can get annoying, but by showing ads, the content creator can feed themselves, and in @Linus 's case, their children too. You say you will disable it for some channels, but unfortunately that is impossible because there are no url patterns to find. Most normal websites with legitimate content have unintrusive ads (take this site for example), so unless you are on some shady sites, ads shouldn't get in the way. If Google ads are annoying you, go to http://www.google.com/ads/preferences and tell it what ads you want to see.

HTTP/2 203

I used to use adblock, but i turned it of to support all of the content creators in the Web. I get that they can get annoying, but by showing ads, the content creator can feed themselves, and in @Linus 's case, their children too. You say you will disable it for some channels, but unfortunately that is impossible because there are no url patterns to find. Most normal websites with legitimate content have unintrusive ads (take this site for example), so unless you are on some shady sites, ads shouldn't get in the way. If Google ads are annoying you, go to http://www.google.com/ads/preferences and tell it what ads you want to see.

Your point is good that content creators are there to earn some bucks through their creations, but what's the point of anti-banner or ad blocking software then? Aren't they helping people too to get away from distractions? Aren't they also earning money through their developments? If you're in favor of people earning money through advert creations, I think you should also respect the ones who are developing apps like ABP, AdAway, Adguard and so on to help people get cleaned websites, although they're also earning money. Isn't it?

Your point is good that content creators are there to earn some bucks through their creations, but what's the point of anti-banner or ad blocking software then? Aren't they helping people too to get away from distractions? Aren't they also earning money through their developments? If you're in favor of people earning money through advert creations, I think you should also respect the ones who are developing apps like ABP, AdAway, Adguard and so on to help people get cleaned websites, although they're also earning money. Isn't it?

Well I kind of see your point, but most ad blocking software is free and profitless for the creators, and their only purpose is to remove ads, thereby depriving people of the money they deserve. It's like saying that buying a card-cloning machine is good because it supports the people who make them (obviously no where near as black hat and bad as this, but it's basically what you're doing - giving revenue to one person to deprive another (I know I said they make no money, but the point basically still stands). On your point about removing distractions, sure, and I have removed ads from a page to remove distractions before (disabling flash works well), but I don't condone it most of the time. Occasionally, it's fine, but if you start having adblockers on most of the time you are then just blocking ads for your own personal benefit, depriving the people who have worked hard to create the content.

Occasionally = fine, but on most/all the time = selfish & bad.

HTTP/2 203

I also respect your views, but I still stand on my point too, because the nature of my job doesn't allow me to distract for even a single second. It doesn't mean that I am  selfish (anti-banner) or I do not care for the needy or deserving guys. I hope you do understand.

The problem while getting better was that people were taking the piss , with 1 min ads and a 50 second intro to a video thats 3 mins long.

• 3 weeks later...

I love you don't use Adblock guys!Watch the new Tech Tips and Notice the icon there that Linus Doesn't talk about.So we are suppose to support them but they don't support anyone..