Need A Little Help! My 680 Gets 40 Fps?

AussieTechMate

ok so i bought a gtx 680 like 3 weeks ago and its been great so far with my phenom ii x6 1090t OC'd to 3.7ghz and i was reguarly getting 60+ fps on bf3. but yesterday i jump on bf3 and im getting 40 and below??? i checked everything all drivers are up to date and i even re installed the gpu and switched the power cables around. nothing changed? it is the SC EVGA version btw. i have the game installed on my hdd not ssd and i have a feeling that hard drive might go to caput soon so it may be that otherwise i dont know? im pretty sure my cpu does bottleneck my cpu cause like when i first got it  still saw 40fps sometimes so yeah probs going to upgrade to an fx-8350 and do you reckon i will benifit much from it?. other details you might want to know:

psu: antec earthwatts 750psu

vengeance ram

h40 liquid cooler by corsair

990 fxa ud3 motherboard.

thanks guy really wanna get to the bottom of it.

My Rig:

IN PROCESS OF UPGRADING MOBO AND CPU but what i have atm: AMD Phenom ii x6 1090t, Gigabyte 990-fxa-ud3, 16gb Vengeance Ram, 2x EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked (one of them is a signature edition),OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1tb Seagate HDD,  SSD Antec 750 Earthwatts PSU  ALL WATERCOOLED by: Koolance 380A Waterblock, XSPC GTX 680 Full coverage waterblock , Thermaltake p500 pump, Bitspower Mulit 150 Resevoir, PrimoChill Tubing and heaps of xpsc compression fittings 

but the strangest part is what i forgot to mention. i changed the graphics to see if anything that could increase the fps but i change it to low and i still get 38 - 46 fps????? what the hell i tried it on low last week to see the amazing fps i should get on the low preset and i got nearly 150 fps on talah market! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY RIG????? this is so weird? i didnt change anything? plz help

My Rig:

IN PROCESS OF UPGRADING MOBO AND CPU but what i have atm: AMD Phenom ii x6 1090t, Gigabyte 990-fxa-ud3, 16gb Vengeance Ram, 2x EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked (one of them is a signature edition),OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1tb Seagate HDD,  SSD Antec 750 Earthwatts PSU  ALL WATERCOOLED by: Koolance 380A Waterblock, XSPC GTX 680 Full coverage waterblock , Thermaltake p500 pump, Bitspower Mulit 150 Resevoir, PrimoChill Tubing and heaps of xpsc compression fittings 

yeah theres something wrong there i can play high on a ancient 9600gt, no pro but maybe see if theres a beta driver for the graphics atm i find the beta drivers work better for my 9600gt. 38-40fps in battlefield 3 on high 22wide screen thou so my res is lower i would say. that cards 8 years old btw. Driver is only thing i can think of ... maybe check nvidia settings?

It sounds like a power saving issue. Change your GPU settings to "prefer maximum performance", and do the same for your CPU (probably under power settings in Windows). Good luck.

turn of windows earo when you play bf3

other thoughts...

you probly know or have all this but it doesnt hurt to make sure

did you accidentaly switch to your onboard graphics? make sure your not in power saving mode on both your operating system and your bios or the software that came with your motherboard

use cpu-z to check your cpu frequency and voltage

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

download evga precision or afterburner and monitor your graphics card...  you should have one of these even if you already fixed the problem and learn how to get on screen monitoring so you can monitor temps, clock speeds, gpu and vram usage, if you set it up you can enable monitoring whenever you need to diagnose any problems as well as optimize your graphics settings on the fly.

http://www.evga.com/precision/

or

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

but yah sounds like something is throttling your back your cpu and or gpu. this usualy happens when either of them get passed 100 degrees c or software or hardware is trying to save power....

either that or you have amd's onboard graphics enabled... if you have that on that chip. make sure your using your.

let me know if you got this fixed

Try doing a clean sweep of ur installed drivers and then reinstall the latest one again. Installing new drivers over the old ones can cause issues sometimes.

Hopefully thats just it

CPU: core i7 3930k @4.2ghz- MOBO: ASUS P9X79- GPU: GTX 680 2gb Reference SLI- SIMM: 8gb Kingston hyperX genesis 1600mhz- HDD/SSD: Seagate Baracuda 1.0tb/OCZ agility 3/ Vertex 2- CASE: corsair graphite 600T- COOLER: corsair H100- PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850w- FANS: Noctua NF-F12.

your performance is pretty much bang on for the system you have. the cpu is choking the gfx.

its likely no matter how much you overclock or reduce settings your performance wont change your system is giving all it can. its not so much a cpu bottleneck as a platform bottleneck.

the lowest end amd that can handle a gtx 680 without degrading the 680's performance will likely be the new fx 350 series/ 4350,6350 and 8350's anything previous, then the max gfx would be a 660 whether you have amd phenom2 or intel core 2

so my guess would be the only real option is sell the 680, but a 660 and a new monitor. or spend 200 more and get a new amd fx cpu.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel