Upgrading my monitor?

BettersonMcgee
Go to solution Solved by BettersonMcgee,

Found a really good deal on kjiji, bought a 1080p monitor for only 25 bucks! It has a few scuffs on the display but on a dark background they disappear. Really satisfied with 1080p so far, I can't imagine going back to 1600x900 lmao

I'm not very picky when it comes to my display. To this day, I don't think I've gamed on a resolution of 1080p. But in the last few years I've managed to get myself to respectable PC specs, and I am currently expecting a gtx 1070 to arrive in the mail soon. I currently have a monitor with a maximum resolution of 1600x900, with my new GPU coming, am I really missing out on the 1080p experience? Is it that significant of a difference? I've been looking to get a newer monitor and wondering if anyone could provide some advise! What are some models I should start looking at? And any advice for used monitor shopping? Because I know I'll end up buying used anyways lol

im not going to lie im bias, i love my old dell work horse, DELL 3007WFP-HC. its kind of old but they last forever. if you can find one they go for about $100 and they are a giant monitor, if you like the work space. 2560x1600(so just a bit more than 1440p) on 60Hrz but that dosent bother me. they do run a little hot. but i use mine for everything from gaming to photo editing for 5+ years now no issues. i think you cant beat it. plus the usb pass-thru is nice

5 minutes ago, Warp1942red said:

im not going to lie im bias, i love my old dell work horse, DELL 3007WFP-HC. its kind of old but they last forever. if you can find one they go for about $100 and they are a giant monitor, if you like the work space. 2560x1600(so just a bit more than 1440p) on 60Hrz but that dosent bother me. they do run a little hot. but i use mine for everything from gaming to photo editing for 5+ years now no issues. i think you cant beat it. plus the usb pass-thru is nice

sounds awesome! Unfortunately it's discontinued on amazon and I cant find any for less than 300 on ebay lol

51 minutes ago, BettersonMcgee said:

I'm not very picky when it comes to my display. To this day, I don't think I've gamed on a resolution of 1080p. But in the last few years I've managed to get myself to respectable PC specs, and I am currently expecting a gtx 1070 to arrive in the mail soon. I currently have a monitor with a maximum resolution of 1600x900, with my new GPU coming, am I really missing out on the 1080p experience? Is it that significant of a difference? I've been looking to get a newer monitor and wondering if anyone could provide some advise! What are some models I should start looking at? And any advice for used monitor shopping? Because I know I'll end up buying used anyways lol

Native 900p looks MUCH cleaner than a scaled 900p on a 1080p monitor. Enjoy the boosted FPS over 1080p till you upgrade.

You can also in the time being.. activate and use Nvidia DSR and pump 4x 900p (0% filtering needed at 4x) and chase decent FPS at much crisper visuals (3200x1800p)

Or use Nvidia Sharpening at 900p in supported titles.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

39 minutes ago, BettersonMcgee said:

sounds awesome! Unfortunately it's discontinued on amazon and I cant find any for less than 300 on ebay lol

yea im not gonna lie they are defiantly easier to find here in the states. id try craigslist or even facebook market place thats where i found mine at

Found a really good deal on kjiji, bought a 1080p monitor for only 25 bucks! It has a few scuffs on the display but on a dark background they disappear. Really satisfied with 1080p so far, I can't imagine going back to 1600x900 lmao