PC keeps crashing

Hello, Guys I need help. I have recently upgraded the cpu and ram of my old computer. When doing everyday tasks it performs with no problem at all, but when it comes to playing a game(csgo for instance) the computer keeps freezing and crashing and the screen suddenly goes black(although I still can hear my game sounds) from time to time. Sometimes the PC isn't responsive at all until I restart it, and some times alt+tab works and I can easily end the crashed program in the task manager. I have already tested some of my hardware components (Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool for the cpu, Windows Memory Diagnostic tool for the Rams and CrystalDiskInfo for the HDD), and haven't seen an error. I have checked the cpu temp as well and it doesn't seem to raise above average. Why does this keep happening? Help me please... I'm using the integrated GPU on my processor.

Motherboard : ASRock h61m-vs3
Cpu : i7 3770
Ram : 6gb ddr3
PSU : 220w

Storage : 500gb 7200rpm HDD

12 hours ago, Amir Shah said:

Hello, Guys I need help. I have recently upgraded the cpu and ram of my old computer. When doing everyday tasks it performs with no problem at all, but when it comes to playing a game(csgo for instance) the computer keeps freezing and crashing and the screen suddenly goes black(although I still can hear my game sounds) from time to time. Sometimes the PC isn't responsive at all until I restart it, and some times alt+tab works and I can easily end the crashed program in the task manager. I have already tested some of my hardware components (Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool for the cpu, Windows Memory Diagnostic tool for the Rams and CrystalDiskInfo for the HDD), and haven't seen an error. I have checked the cpu temp as well and it doesn't seem to raise above average. Why does this keep happening? Help me please... I'm using the integrated GPU on my processor.

Motherboard : ASRock h61m-vs3
Cpu : i7 3770
Ram : 6gb ddr3

Storage : 500gb 7200rpm HDD

first make sure all your drivers are up to date. theni would try and have task manager open and set to stay on top so you can see if your cpu hitting 100% usage and if your ram is hitting 100% usage. wich is very possible using an IGPU since it uses system memory. also try playing in windowed mode instead of full screen, or lowering your resolution if your gpu is crashing the game

15 hours ago, Warp1942red said:

first make sure all your drivers are up to date. theni would try and have task manager open and set to stay on top so you can see if your cpu hitting 100% usage and if your ram is hitting 100% usage. wich is very possible using an IGPU since it uses system memory. also try playing in windowed mode instead of full screen, or lowering your resolution if your gpu is crashing the game

Thank you I will get to it right away.

7 hours ago, Amir Shah said:

Thank you I will get to it right away.

Just curious if u solved your issue?

12 hours ago, Warp1942red said:

Just curious if u solved your issue?

Well I installed Msi Afterburner and monitored the resource usage of my PC. I noticed that the only value that hits +90% is my GPU; so I lowered the resolution and capped my frame rates to 60fps and I noticed that the crashes don't occur anymore. So there are 2 possibilities now:

1. My IGPU is faulty.

2. The PSU can't handle supplying my system.

What are your thoughts on that?

On 7/16/2020 at 6:56 PM, Amir Shah said:

That might lack.

Maybe not in wattage by perhaps age?

I edit my posts more often than not

5 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

That might lack.

Maybe not in wattage by perhaps age?

It's not that old, I think it's from mid 2018. I'm gonna get a new one anyway because there's no other way to troubleshoot my problem.

Yea just out of general use id say min 400w or 450w even if u don't need it all its better to have a little bit of head room. Because ur cpu ram and drives probably use more than 220w or really close to it

16 hours ago, Warp1942red said:

Yea just out of general use id say min 400w or 450w even if u don't need it all its better to have a little bit of head room. Because ur cpu ram and drives probably use more than 220w or really close to it

I actually took your advice and got a 430w PSU. Thank you bro

21 hours ago, Amir Shah said:

I actually took your advice and got a 430w PSU. Thank you bro

Yea, not a problem. And now u have the overhead for later on if u want to add a graphics card u dont have to worry about needing more power

On 7/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, Warp1942red said:

Yea, not a problem. And now u have the overhead for later on if u want to add a graphics card u dont have to worry about needing more power

Do I have enough power for something like an Rx 580?

8 hours ago, Amir Shah said:

Do I have enough power for something like an Rx 580?

U should have enough head room to run a rx580, as long as ur not over clocking it. But running it stock should be fine. 

On 7/27/2020 at 10:57 PM, Warp1942red said:

U should have enough head room to run a rx580, as long as ur not over clocking it. But running it stock should be fine. 

Thank you bro