Huawei Matebook D 14" 2020

Hey guys

What's everyones thought on the Huawei Matebook D 14" 2020

I've herd Huawei in the news alot recently and not sure if they are a reputable brand or not.

I would just avoid Huawei completely. There are reasons why the governments are banning the Huawei tech.

It is best to go with a more secure brand in my opinion. 

I've had several Huawei products including my current phone and always found them very well built and thought out.Had one of their previous laptops in hand in a store and it seemed great.

Only drawback right now is a stupid redhead's tantrum limiting some of the functionality for phones, but that wouldn't apply to laptops (and I've got GMS sideloaded on my phone anyway, there's always a way).

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I've had several Huawei products including my current phone and always found them very well built and thought out.Had one of their previous laptops in hand in a store and it seemed great.

Only drawback right now is a stupid redhead's tantrum limiting some of the functionality for phones, but that wouldn't apply to laptops (and I've got GMS sideloaded on my phone anyway, there's always a way).

So you think all the stuff in the news is a bit over the top?

Very much. I mean how are "suspicions of China gathering info" by the USA with no evidence ever having been presented worse than knowing for sure that the USA have been doing that for decades? 

If you're an American and you're happy with potentially giving info to your government but just want it not to be another one then maybe, but for everyone else it comes out as pretty ridiculous.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Very much. I mean how are "suspicions of China gathering info" by the USA with no evidence ever having been presented worse than knowing for sure that the USA have been doing that for decades? 

If you're an American and you're happy with potentially giving info to your government but just want it not to be another one then maybe, but for everyone else it comes out as pretty ridiculous.

Thank you, I'm from the UK so its not as bad here but just wanted a second opionion