How did I install windows?

SirLeper

So the title might seem crazy for someone on this forum as for most of you (if not all) installing windows is a very basic and trivial thing but I've got a question about specifically what I did that I've now forgotten

When I installed windows on my desktop I wanted to use the fastboot option my BIOS has and I found out that you have to install windows in a specific way for this fastboot option to work.

The only thing is I can't remember what I did to ensure windows installed correctly and was hoping pros like you would be able to help me out

All I remember is that at one of the very early stages of the windows installation (I think where you can decide which drive to install windows on) there was a function you would press to pull up command prompt. There you would type out a few lines of code (I can't remember the code now) and then close the command window and install windows. This would make sure that windows installed correctly such that fastboot was enabled and working.

Would anyone be able to tell me what those lines of code were or what I did to ensure fastboot would work?

I want to reformat my PC as it's been about 3 years since but I'm scared I won't have fastboot enabled as I've forgotten what I did

Thanks so much, if I haven't made myself clear in some parts or you need some more info please don't hesitate to ask! 

Apart from the BIOS fastboot feature. ^
Windows has a fast startup feature, it's enabled by default these days though.

You can ensure it's enabled by going to the system settings section of the power options in the control panel.

-アパゾ

19 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Fastboot is a feature of your motherboard, not of your Windows install. I'm not sure what you did in command line, but that's not what the conventional sense of what fastboot is.

So I managed to figure it out, basically I was searching the wrong thing in google. I kept searching '"fastboot not working windows 10" which came up with using ADB and Fastboot for android device modifications

Went into the bios and checked that I had "Ultra-fastboot" enabled and started searching about that

Turns out you have to have the drive you're installing windows in as a GPT drive whatever that is and the code I mentioned was what would convert a drive to GPT in the command prompt window just before the installation as well as installing windows in UEFI mode.

Didn't realise missing the 'Ultra' before fastboot would have me so confused

Thanks for your help though guys!

edit: mentioned windows in UEFI mode

16 minutes ago, APasz said:

Apart from the BIOS fastboot feature. ^
Windows has a fast startup feature, it's enabled by default these days though.

You can ensure it's enabled by going to the system settings section of the power options in the control panel.