Fan placement

Asuhh

So currently i have 2 intake fans at the front, 2 fans on a top mounted AIO cooling an i7 7700k (h100iv2) and then 1 rear exhaust fan. Im super sensitive to sound and i like my rigs quiet so im wondering if i can lose the rear fan and still maintain the good airflow? I also run my GPU in 0db mode up until it hits 55c and it idles at 45c average.

The front intake bringing in cool air and then out the top through the radiator keeps my idles at 28-30c and ambient room temp is around 24c ish.

Any advice or personal experience would be appreciated. My case is a Corsair 750D airflow addition.

Just lower the rpms. 400-600rpm fan is near silent while still moving some air so its much better than nothing

3 minutes ago, Asuhh said:

so im wondering if i can lose the rear fan and still maintain the good airflow?

This should be fine, however In your config, reversing the air flow may bring lower temps.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

This should be fine, however In your config, reversing the air flow may bring lower temps.

I guess its just down to trial and error and see how it goes. One thing i had a concern about is the GPU not getting the same amount of airflow if i remove the fan but ill just have to test it out and see.

1 minute ago, Asuhh said:

One thing i had a concern about is the GPU not getting the same amount of airflow if i remove the fan

This is why i'd suggest flipping the fan. It will create positive pressure in your case allowing the air to escape from the bottom near the gpu, taking the warm air with it. Bear in mind the orientation of the PSU fan. 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:17 PM, Asuhh said:

I guess its just down to trial and error and see how it goes. One thing i had a concern about is the GPU not getting the same amount of airflow if i remove the fan but ill just have to test it out and see.

If you remove rear fan? Considering that if you have normal ATX layout and not some inverted or horizontal mobo setup, GPU fans are drawing air from under it. Doing anything at top of the case won't have massive effect on GPU cooling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv