Does C#, c++ etc compile the same exe file structure wise?

WillLTT
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
25 minutes ago, WillLTT said:

Mods if this thread is better in Programming thread then feel free to move it. It just thought it fit here better because im asking about Executeables files that are built into windows. 

I'm not a mod but.... I will allow it.

Im wondering does c++, c#, java, extra compile to the same exe, in known you need for example 

.NET to run c#, and you need visual c++ framework, etc

Java compiles to its own form of "byte code" that can only run in Java Virtual Machines. That's why Java programs are cross platform.

Sometimes computers need dependancies-hence the C++ redistributables you may attain from downloading games on Steam.

But do all these compile to the same exe insides? Like are they simmilarly structured, compiled to the same exe internaly. 

Feel free to correct any missspellings or miss wording, im trying to learn this better.

Not all compilers compile the same language the same way.

I don't know that a single compiler compiles 2 seperate languages the same way.
C# is also compiled into a type of byte code as it was Microsoft's attempt at a cross platform technology like Java.

Mods if this thread is better in Programming thread then feel free to move it. It just thought it fit here better because im asking about Executeables files that are built into windows. 

Im wondering does c++, c#, java, extra compile to the same exe, in known you need for example 

But do all these compile to the same exe insides? Like are they simmilarly structured, compiled to the same exe internaly. 

Feel free to correct any missspellings or miss wording, im trying to learn this better.

I dont think so, compilers are optimized to convert your code to assembly in different ways for different programming languages (there is also different compiler defaults, settings, flags). Structure is in assembly level should be somewhat similiar but dont quote me on that, I only have very basic knowledge of asm.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

--snip--

I have little to none knowledge at assembly at all. But if they all end up with assembly would'nt that mean that they would HAVE to be simmilar for windows to be able to use them independently? (with the frameworks installed & etc)

5 minutes ago, WillLTT said:

1. A compiler converts from programming language to machine cpu (lets say x86 or arm7) or VM (.net runtime, or java) instructions.

2. A linker (in case of cpu) will link the comoiled result into a package (exe, dll etc) where the binary format depends on the target environment like operatimg system. So the exact formatting of content willmcary between linux, windows etc. This is also where cross-library symbols will be resolved. For vm types (.net runtime, java virtual machine), this is done on a more runtime basis instead of a "pre-existance link" step.

I'm not a mod but.... I will allow it.

Java compiles to its own form of "byte code" that can only run in Java Virtual Machines. That's why Java programs are cross platform.

Sometimes computers need dependancies-hence the C++ redistributables you may attain from downloading games on Steam.

Not all compilers compile the same language the same way.

I don't know that a single compiler compiles 2 seperate languages the same way.
C# is also compiled into a type of byte code as it was Microsoft's attempt at a cross platform technology like Java.

Here is something you might want to take a look at. It gives you an idea of what goes where for a program to execute. It's a rabbit hole.....but it's a well documented rabbit hole!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".