GTX 750 ti FTW fan noise

elkenrod

Some people were complaining about the noise of the fans at Idle.  There's a bios update that aims to correct the problem here.

I will admit that when I got word of the noise issues I hesitated on purchasing the card.  Now that NVIDIA has shown the willingness to at least acknowledge the issue, I think I will pick up a card (or maybe 3).  The minimum fan speed is said to be locked at 42%.  Once I get my hands on them, I'll see if I can do something about that. :)

Some people were complaining about the noise of the fans at Idle.  There's a bios update that aims to correct the problem here.

I will admit that when I got word of the noise issues I hesitated on purchasing the card.  Now that NVIDIA has shown the willingness to at least acknowledge the issue, I think I will pick up a card (or maybe 3).  The minimum fan speed is said to be locked at 42%.  Once I get my hands on them, I'll see if I can do something about that. :)

Getting 3 750TI's is a horrible idea if you're thinking of 3 way SLIing them.  Might as well get a 780-780ti

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

The 750 Titanium FTW has no SLI connectors, but if he's considering upgrading all his family's pcs with them then it makes sense to get 3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Don't the 750TI only have 1 SLI connector?

It doesn't have any.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Getting 3 750TI's is a horrible idea if you're thinking of 3 way SLIing them.  Might as well get a 780-780ti

He is prob getting it to mine...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

The 750 Titanium FTW has no SLI connectors, but if he's considering upgrading all his family's pcs with them then it makes sense to get 3

My guess would be mining...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I think the card is a very good investment.  I don't know what the rest of the Maxwell lineup will bring, or WHEN.  But I do know that the prices of these cards are going to go up very soon.  It's unlikely that there will be a comparable card at the price point that matches performance/watt @ $160.