Best monitor for ps5 ( should I buy or not )

Ayush007

Hello guys , 

I hope u all are doing well !!

Please stay safe and healthy !!

As you all know that ps5  gives us true  4k performance (HDR).

To get that type of performance ,  many of you are  planning to buy 4k tv or monitor.

So u can expect same here.!!

I have Samsung ultra wide SE790 3440*1440p monitor.

Should I need to replace it with 4 k monitor  or not. In case if yes then which one !?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR OPINION , AS YOUR OPINION IS HIGHLY VALUABLE FOR ME.

6 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

What's funny is Sony and all of the other console makers push these super high framerates and super high resolutions, which basically means in order to take full advantage of it you would be spending as much on a monitor as you would on the console in the first place. People don't seem to realize that. Also, 4k is pretty dumb for gaming, as LTT said in one of his videos. 1440p 144hz is the sweet spot for monitors. You can pick one up for like $400 but it won't have HDR. In order to get a monitor that would take full advantage of all of the PS5s features it would be over $700 just for the monitor.

And remember: Just because your display interface supports 4k 144hz or whatever doesn't mean you should actually run 4k 144hz, considering the price of the hardware there is no way it can do 4k 144hz at any reasonable settings or games besides pong.

For the consoles I'd stick to 1080p 144Hz tbh.l Sure they might run games well now but in 5 years time you can't exactly swap out the GPU.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

14 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

What's funny is Sony and all of the other console makers push these super high framerates and super high resolutions, which basically means in order to take full advantage of it you would be spending as much on a monitor as you would on the console in the first place. People don't seem to realize that. Also, 4k is pretty dumb for gaming, as LTT said in one of his videos. 1440p 144hz is the sweet spot for monitors. You can pick one up for like $400 but it won't have HDR. In order to get a monitor that would take full advantage of all of the PS5s features it would be over $700 just for the monitor.

And remember: Just because your display interface supports 4k 144hz or whatever doesn't mean you should actually run 4k 144hz, considering the price of the hardware there is no way it can do 4k 144hz at any reasonable settings or games besides pong.

Thanx BlueScope819,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I agree with ur point.

Was thinking to take full advantage of ultra wide monitor but due to HDR,

I was thinking to replace it.

8 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

For the consoles I'd stick to 1080p 144Hz tbh.l Sure they might run games well now but in 5 years time you can't exactly swap out the GPU.

Thanx Lord Ville,

For giving me your opinion.

So acc. to you , should I need to replace it or not.

1 hour ago, Ayush007 said:

Thanx Lord Ville,

For giving me your opinion.

So acc. to you , should I need to replace it or not.

I wouldn't get a 4K monitor, they're a bit pointless as is and the console may not run 4K great in a few years even if it can hit 60+ at launch. Plus the PS5 looks to be significantly weaker than the XSX.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

20 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

I wouldn't get a 4K monitor, they're a bit pointless as is and the console may not run 4K great in a few years even if it can hit 60+ at launch. Plus the PS5 looks to be significantly weaker than the XBX.

So my current monitor is still good for ps5 ?