Should RAM upgrade help?

Hello, i'm planning to upgrade RAM. I currently have 8GB ram, and feel like it's not enough. Whenever i am in a Discord call and playing games with my mates, then i have a feeling like my games are not running smooth. When my Discord is closed and i am playing alone it feels much better/smoother. Can this be because lack of ram? Is it going to change anything or worth it getting another 8GB ram, so i would have 16GB total?

Thanks!

Current Setup:

CPU: I3-8350K @ 4GHZ

GPU: Gtx 1660 super

RAM: 8GB

16GB of RAM really is reccomended these days, since there are many games that'll max out your 8GB when windows and some background apps are running. The upgrade could be worth it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, AlexUP said:

Hello, i'm planning to upgrade RAM. I currently have 8GB ram, and feel like it's not enough. Whenever i am in a Discord call and playing games with my mates, then i have a feeling like my games are not running smooth

You can tell by looking in Resource Manager - Memory then then the "Used Physical Memory" graph

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

it might be ram, but it surely is your cpu as well that can't handle multi-tasking.

as above, look in task manager. if your ram is not close to 90% utilisation, but the cpu is, a ram upgrade won't help.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it might be ram, but it surely is your cpu as well that can't handle multi-tasking.

as above, look in task manager. if your ram is not close to 90% utilisation, but the cpu is, a ram upgrade won't help.

CPU and RAM Usage is what i should keep an eye on?