Nvidia control panel

Donballer

Everything with drivers and gpu is fine but for some reason when I open up nvidia control panel the display settings aren’t there I also am on a inactivated windows that shouldn’t matter I believe cuz my homie runs control panel he says

BAAFFBD3-09A5-4DE8-80C4-8605AF89EF9A.jpeg

Oh also there’s no audio I’m using audio directly from my monitor connected via headphones I updated all drivers btw 😕

Nvidia Control Panel is now in the windows store. Check and see if you have it installed from there. If not, try update/reinstalling it from there. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

No luck I’ve tried this twice will try once more to test my luck

1 hour ago, Donballer said:

No luck I’ve tried this twice will try once more to test my luck

Hi man, good to see you made it this far :) you have a running system and picture at the monitor :)

Just a semi-related tip, fill out your system components in your profile on the site here. That way you can refer to it in your questions and we dont have to ask "specs?" each time you have a question :)

your friend is right, inactivated windows shouldnt matter. Other than that i had plenty of driver issues with nvidia but this empty panel thing: dunno lol :)

Assuming your using onboard audio (from  the motherboard) and not a separate audio card, it can help knowing the exact mobo (most likely youll need some realtek drivers from somewhere).

But good job man, just a day or so ago you where quite unsure about every little thing to plug or screw and by now your operating your self build machine :) well done, and hope youll enjoy it for a long time :)

33 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Hi man, good to see you made it this far :) you have a running system and picture at the monitor :)

Just a semi-related tip, fill out your system components in your profile on the site here. That way you can refer to it in your questions and we dont have to ask "specs?" each time you have a question :)

your friend is right, inactivated windows shouldnt matter. Other than that i had plenty of driver issues with nvidia but this empty panel thing: dunno lol :)

Assuming your using onboard audio (from  the motherboard) and not a separate audio card, it can help knowing the exact mobo (most likely youll need some realtek drivers from somewhere).

But good job man, just a day or so ago you where quite unsure about every little thing to plug or screw and by now your operating your self build machine :) well done, and hope youll enjoy it for a long time :)

This message is very meaningful to me I appreciate all of you guys that answered my ridiculous questions. 
building a pc has taught me that there’s no luck in life only educated precision.    

my first build might not look the best cable wise but In the future this will remind me How far Ive come! 

I’m pretty sure that nvidia panel will be popping up any second now that’s just how it is. It disappears randomly and comes back. 

so I can download Realtek drivers and would that most likely fix my audio problem? 

and I’ll be adding my specs. 

thanks all for helping me! 🇺🇸 

17 minutes ago, Donballer said:

This message is very meaningful to me I appreciate all of you guys that answered my ridiculous questions. 
building a pc has taught me that there’s no luck in life only educated precision.    

my first build might not look the best cable wise but In the future this will remind me How far Ive come! 

I’m pretty sure that nvidia panel will be popping up any second now that’s just how it is. It disappears randomly and comes back. 

so I can download Realtek drivers and would that most likely fix my audio problem? 

and I’ll be adding my specs. 

thanks all for helping me! 🇺🇸 

No problem, we all have the same shared interests and all of us need help sometimes :)

On the audio/realtek thjng, well need the mobo type to know for sure (even though 99.9% of all mobos these days use realtek audio chips), but usually windows does fine installing it automatically so very god chance it already works.

Step 1: in windows, in the taskbar at  the bottom  of the screen, do you see a speaker icon? Likely you do, if you click it and a volume slider pops up, then "a" audiodriver is already installed.

First check that, and well take it from there :)

1 minute ago, Bartholomew said:

No problem, we all have the same shared interests and all of us need help sometimes :)

On the audio/realtek thjng, well need the mobo type to know for sure (even though 99.9% of all mobos these days use realtek audio chips), but usually windows does fine installing it automatically so very god chance it already works.

Step 1: in windows, in the taskbar at  the bottom  of the screen, do you see a speaker icon? Likely you do, if you click it and a volume slider pops up, then "a" audiodriver is already installed.

Just now, Donballer said:
5 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Motherboard is z390E 

Just now, Donballer said:

Motherboard is z390E 

Did you need the audio driver name sorry if so it’s “digital audio S/pdif) (high definition audio device) 

3 minutes ago, Donballer said:

Motherboard is z390E 

Veeeeeeery nice board :)

Ok, select win10 (i assume) here:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Then scroll to the part where it says "audio" and do the download. Then install that.

Heads up: theres more downloads for other stuff for the board there, but only install things "if the need arises", dont go overboard by installing just everything thats there since things like bios updates etc should really be reserved for if theres a actual concrete need to do so.

11 minutes ago, Donballer said:

Did you need the audio driver name sorry if so it’s “digital audio S/pdif) (high definition audio device) 

Does windows say that at the volume control? If so, then thats your problem :)

spdif digital is another output on the back of your mobo, it should be "speakers" or "headphone" (analog).

so windows has the wrong default output device.

try searching in windows preferences for audio and look around for a setting where you can choose output device.

(im on mobile right now so cant provide exact steps or screenshots).

Try re-installing drivers, but pick Custom install and select to reset all settings back to default. I use that here and there, especially on big updates to make sure all is done right.

34 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Veeeeeeery nice board :)

Ok, select win10 (i assume) here:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Then scroll to the part where it says "audio" and do the download. Then install that.

Heads up: theres more downloads for other stuff for the board there, but only install things "if the need arises", dont go overboard by installing just everything thats there since things like bios updates etc should really be reserved for if theres a actual concrete need to do so.

Downloaded Realtek audio and nothing on my sound is happening 

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Try re-installing drivers, but pick Custom install and select to reset all settings back to default. I use that here and there, especially on big updates to make sure all is done right.

I’ve tried that 10 times doesn’t work for me 

18 minutes ago, Donballer said:

Downloaded Realtek audio and nothing on my sound is happening 

At least now you have the version of the driver for your board (likely will have mlre options).

But your audio is working likely, its just outputting to the wrong device (as you noted its now playing to spdif which you more than likely havent connected).

Look in windows preverences for audio, the select "speakers"  or " headphones" for output where it now says "spdif" .

1 hour ago, Bartholomew said:

At least now you have the version of the driver for your board (likely will have mlre options).

But your audio is working likely, its just outputting to the wrong device (as you noted its now playing to spdif which you more than likely havent connected).

Look in windows preverences for audio, the select "speakers"  or " headphones" for output where it now says "spdif" .

I fixed it lol now only thing that’s left is nvidia control panel not displaying settings

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I have a 1070 sc acc 3.0 is the card able to be overclocked what are settings I should use for it