Hdmi 2.0 w/ DP 1.2

Mr.Sir
6 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

https://www.displayninja.com/acer-vg271-review/

If you read the review, FreeSync, HDR and VRB don't work at the same time. And apparently it can only do HDR over HDMI.

I've read on an amazon review that they ran a DP 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 at the same time and then "duplicate monitors in Windows", how is that possible?

Is "HDR" even practical with this monitor or should i just take its 400bit brightness and be happy with freesync

3 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

I've read on an amazon review that they ran a DP 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 at the same time and then "duplicate monitors in Windows", how is that possible?

Sounds to me like the person was talking about using two different monitors at the same time. One connected to DP and one connected to HDMI. "Duplicate monitors" means both show the same image instead of a separate one. But that's not really related to HDR and 144 Hz in any way?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

5 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

But that's not really related to HDR and 144 Hz in any way?

they were saying it ran both 144hz and HDR

but yeah that sounds like problems, and stability issues. Ill just have to switch between if I care too, but seeing its only HDR400... wouldnt be that worth.

1 minute ago, Mr.Sir said:

they were saying it ran both 144hz and HDR

That should definitely be possible over HDMI, provided your GPU has the performance and its HDMI port has enough bandwidth. You just can't combine HDR with FreeSync and/or VRB, according to the test.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Mr.Sir said:

Each port on a monitor is a separate display. You select with the monitor controls which display is shown on the screen. If you plug into 2 ports on the same monitor then you'll just get a dual monitor configuration, but you'll only be able to view one at a time.