Windows 10 installation

JustAGamer325

Hi everyone!

I am currently upgarding to a gaming desktop from my laptop which has Windows 8.1 installed. I didn't bother to upgrade and I was wondering if there is a way to install Windows 10 on my new PC instead of upgrading my laptop.

Cheers!

If you don't have a disk for Win10; you can download the ISO on another machine from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then find a USB thumb drive that is an 8GB, and download https://rufus.ie/

(If you don't have a thumb drive, you can get one from a store like walmart for $10 or so for 8GB. They are extremely cheap these days).

Open Rufus, select the downloaded ISO, and it will make a bootable USB device that you will be able to plug into your desktop, and boot from when you boot up the machine. From there you can do the install.

4 minutes ago, oort said:

That ^^^ allows you to make a bootable USB w/o the need for rufus...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

10 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

That ^^^ allows you to make a bootable USB w/o the need for rufus...

Only from Windows, if you go to that site on Linux, macOS, iOS or Android you only get the option to download an ISO.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Only from Windows, if you go to that site on Linux, macOS, iOS or Android you only get the option to download an ISO.

Should still allow a Win8.1 machine to make a bootable USB

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!