Discord keeps disconnecting me randomly

PackYourBaggins

This started happening a few weeks ago out of no where. I'll get disconnected from a channel and reconnected in a few seconds. Sometimes I'll be in a disconnect/reconnect loop where it just rapid fire disconnects and reconnects. I usually have to click the disconnect button on Discord for this to stop. Interestingly, this doesn't happen when I am in a call. It only happens when I'm in a server. I tried resetting my router and modem, but that hasn't worked. When it comes to internet/connectivity issues, I know very little. So I don't know what else to do. My internet is perfectly fine as well. This seems to be just a Discord issue. It's so frustrating. What can I do?

PC specs:

CPU: 4770K

GPU: 1080Ti

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz

Motherboard: ASUS VI Formula

42 minutes ago, PackYourBaggins said:

This started happening a few weeks ago out of no where. I'll get disconnected from a channel and reconnected in a few seconds. Sometimes I'll be in a disconnect/reconnect loop where it just rapid fire disconnects and reconnects. I usually have to click the disconnect button on Discord for this to stop. Interestingly, this doesn't happen when I am in a call. It only happens when I'm in a server. I tried resetting my router and modem, but that hasn't worked. When it comes to internet/connectivity issues, I know very little. So I don't know what else to do. My internet is perfectly fine as well. This seems to be just a Discord issue. It's so frustrating. What can I do?

PC specs:

CPU: 4770K

GPU: 1080Ti

RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz

Motherboard: ASUS VI Formula

Are you using the app on the computer or the website?

16 minutes ago, Tech Learner said:

Are you using the app on the computer or the website?

I've always used the app.

• 1 month later...

This has been happening to me too. Exactly the same, I can be connected for 30 minutes or more at a time, then it disconnects and reconnects. I'm trying to find if there are client logs somewhere, but googling comes up with mostly stuff about the server audit logs. 

It just started happening yesterday. I haven' really changed anything, maybe a windows update. Did you ever figure anything out?                                                 

Has anyone been able to fix this?

I'll be connected fine for 30+ minutes then it will rapid fire disconnect-reconnect me for 10 seconds. I'm also using the app not the browser.

Should I try the browser?

So I've been having this issue too. Discord will, at absolute random, disconnect me for a few seconds and then reconnect. The main issue is that I don't hear the noise until 5-10 seconds after it happened. I'll hear nothing via my server and then the classic disconnected chime and then suddenly I hear them again and then another 5-10 seconds i'll hear the reconnect noise. Sometimes it'll go into this disconnect and reconnect loop where for a minute it'll just flash "disconnected" then stay on "RTC connecting" for a bit and then repeat said cycle until i manually do something but even then discord still doesn't properly connect me. I've factory reset my PC. Reinstalled connection software.
I just want to talk to my friends man. I've used both the app and the browser version. It happens on both. Same issue. 
Delayed chimes

I guess it's just not a stable connection. I doubt its the firewall as this has NEVER been an issue before and I even ran Discord as admin.
The delayed chimes have been happening way longer than the connection issues but now it's amplified 

Any help would be greatly desired as the connection issue even comes from just sitting in the chat room by myself.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found a fix for this issue yet? It's been happening to me for a while for the past few months where I keep getting disconnected randomly and reconnecting which would take a couple seconds and would keep happening multiple times throughout the day in quick bursts. Mostly in the morning and later in the evenings. It has never happened ever since a few months ago and I'm wondering why it's been happening recently.

• 1 month later...

Anybody found any solutions?... I have same reconnect hell. Comes at random. Connection otherwise unaffected - game I play doesn't seem to suffer, I even started running ping to 8.8.8.8 just to make sure connection haven't dropped, but that one goes strong at ~30ms constantly before, during and after the drop. I have 1gbps connection, computer wired into switch directly (external IP, no router in between to open ports or something). I have KIS as my firewall and antivirus. 

• 2 months later...

I get that I'm necroing here, but I can't find any answers.  Two of my friends have this issue, and discord support won't even reply to their emails.  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

• 7 months later...

Same issue here for the web-version. I login and come back an hour later and will be logged out again. 

I think discord is to blame and I guess there is no solution. 

Same as each work related Windows issue I'm researching. (Privately I only use Linux.)

But Microsoft has the guts to say it directly to your face. "We know this. There is no solution. Deal with it."