Are there other options for this cable rather than just Lian Li?

mpabisz

Hi all,

So, Ive settled on a new case (new to me anyways). The Level 20 GT ARGB (CA-1K9-00F1WN-02). I notice that the front I/O is just usb 3.0/3.1. I was wondering if there was a cable manufacturer that makes a cable go from the motherboard USB 3.2 gen 2 to USB type C female. I would like to retrofit it to the case. The motherboard is the Asus Extreme XII Hero (wifi), which is able to accept the usb 3.2 gen 2  plug. Ive attached a picture for what I am looking for. I would like a bit of a longer one. I would like to use that port to it full potential.

Im am not sure if I am asking this right, so sorry if I have the names wrong. I don't know what the proper name for it even is. Hopefully it makes sense.

CA084IW_174412_800x800.jpg

2 minutes ago, mpabisz said:

Hi all,

So, Ive settled on a new case (new to me anyways). The Level 20 GT ARGB (CA-1K9-00F1WN-02). I notice that the front I/O is just usb 3.0/3.1. I was wondering if there was a cable manufacturer that makes a cable go from the motherboard USB 3.2 gen 2 to USB type C female. I would like to retrofit it to the case. The motherboard is the Asus Extreme XII Hero (wifi), which is able to accept the usb 3.2 gen 2  plug. Ive attached a picture for what I am looking for. I would like a bit of a longer one. I would like to use that port to it full potential.

Im am not sure if I am asking this right, so sorry if I have the names wrong. I don't know what the proper name for it even is. Hopefully it makes sense.

CA084IW_174412_800x800.jpg

?!? Is that me or is that screw in usbC?  I doubt you’re going to find another EXACTLY like that if it is.  I’ve never seen screw in usbC before.  Regular ol’ UsbC to 90deg USBC (which gen?) should be findable though

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

yes. this where I found the idea. I would like to know if there is a longer cable than the Lian-Li one. 

10 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

Strong argument for “just spend the extra money” I guess.  The cable is apparently so popular it’s being put on non lian li cases

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, mpabisz said:

yes. this where I found the idea. I would like to know if there is a longer cable than the Lian-Li one. 

Sounds like a long hunt on alibaba and you’re going to have to play a lot of hot glue or epoxy putty games to make it fit.  Short internal cables seem to be a thing for internal 3.1 gen2. Dunno why.  Could be a limitation of the standard.